GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

door proz (electrical)

.:R32AtuB.

vw pride never stops baby
my car went in for the 50,000 mile service today, but its at 56,000.... anyway i've had an issue where when I open the door the heads up display does not register that it is open. Then VW calls me and says the mechanical is working fine but the electrical part is not working and to replace it is $451.18. i laughed and said no thank you to taking 450 of my money to take away a small inconvenience. Will this be an issue in the future?

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
Look for the modules on ebay, ECS, or such. The dealer prices for these are ridiculous!

I had to change the lock module in my rear passenger side door. Ended up ordering it from a scrapper in Germany from an -09 Golf that only had 16 000km on the clock. Part was like new and works great!

Replacing the module is also pretty simple. Take the door skin off and the module will be right there staring at you!

.:R32AtuB.

vw pride never stops baby
true cuz if it doesn't work than i can do it the legit way and at VW, might break the bank a little but i suppose its vital. the thing is thought, that it isnt like that all the time. meaning, the door sensor works, and for the most part the locks work all the time

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
I tried the link above... ended up not being a solder issue. Not sure what's wrong with it, the door registers as opened or closed, but it fails to lock or unlock. When I opened it up the solder points looked fine, and the motor works when I press the lock/unlock switch, which leads me to believe that my issue was with the wiring or mechanicals on the latch end of the module.

Anyway, I bought a new module and everything works just fine now.

I have a four door, and this was on my rear passenger so I used...

Part# 3B4-839-016-AP

Bought a brand new one off ebay for $120

Should be the same for 2 door though, I would think. Pretty easy job. Hardest part was putting the door handle back on the first time when you're not as familiar with how everything works together.