GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do I need an O2 Spacer?

chrisblack2k1

Less low, moar handling.
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I've done some searching and haven't found an answer, so.... I have a GIAC stage 1 tune currently, and have a 42DD downpipe with a 200-Cell catalytic converter coming sometime in the next week. I plan to get reflashed with GIAC's stage 2 file (I've confirmed with my shop that there is a stage 2 for my ECU). As you may know, GIAC does not bypass the downstream O2 sensor like APR and others. Do I need an O2 spacer to go along with the high flow cat in order to avoid a CEL?

TSiUG

sleeper...
Yes if the software does not "hide" the CEL which with GIAC I do not believe it does.....someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: Oh snap!!! you are the guy who invited me to the ohiovw facebook group. I have really enjoyed the convo on there. I need to make it up to a C-Bus gathering sometime. Daytons Dub scene(and the city in general) kind of sucks. Oh and your car is sexy as fuck....

bill6211789

Ready to race!
An o2 spacer may or may not work. Some people have gotten away with an o2 spacer and a 200 cell cat some people it doesn't work for them at all.

Sent from my EVO

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
An o2 spacer may or may not work. Some people have gotten away with an o2 spacer and a 200 cell cat some people it doesn't work for them at all.

Sent from my EVO

I have a spacer on my 06 with a B&B DP. 15k miles without any CELs on the stock software and I had all readiness codes. I'm running APR's testpipe software now, but the 42dd spacer worked like a charm for me before I did.

--Matt

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
2nd 42dd spacer

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
You might wanna try it without first for a while as well. Some cars don't throw the p0420 even with high flow cats. If its a case where its a sporadic problem but you don't throw it most of the time it might be best just to save your money still.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G Shift using Tapatalk