GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY on K03 Swap

nashbar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
b5s4, fz1 and mk5
its just going to be alot harder to move the engine forward to pull the turbo out. If you still have the stock mounts, or atleast the engine/trans side mounts, i would suggest putting those back in for the swap. It doesnt take mush time and the turbo swap will be much easier to do. It can be done but its a pita with BSH mounts. The pendulum mount has to be disconnected either way

just wanted to follow up on this after removing my k03 yesterday.

I followed the stasis guide exactly, removing the dog bone and using a ratchet strap, leaving my BSH engine/trans mounts untouched.

turbo came out the top just fine, actually easier than I was expecting.

brokenparts

Go Kart Champion
just wanted to follow up on this after removing my k03 yesterday.

I followed the stasis guide exactly, removing the dog bone and using a ratchet strap, leaving my BSH engine/trans mounts untouched.

turbo came out the top just fine, actually easier than I was expecting.

How much time did it take to do (approximately)?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

nashbar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
b5s4, fz1 and mk5
How much time did it take to do (approximately)?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

started from car parked in the garage to turbo out six hours later. I've never done a turbo removal, but I've wrenched plenty and have all the tools I needed.

it was hot, like 100F so I took a lot of beer/Gatorade/pussy breaks. in my six hours i also helped cut down a tree and baked a sourdough bread.

almost every knuckle on my right hand is bloodied and a few on my left. hardest parts were the coolant lines glued themselves to the valve cover and metal lines.

downpipe came off easy, it's been on for two years so not much corrosion. exhaust manifold studs came out easily, unfortunately.

Kilikia

I know this is an old thread but I'm about to replace my K03... Can I just skip the turbo install part, or are some of the fuel injector steps required (stasis guide)

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
I know this is an old thread but I'm about to replace my K03... Can I just skip the turbo install part, or are some of the fuel injector steps required (stasis guide)

No injector stuff needed if you are just doing K03.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Also if you remove your valve cover and whatever crap is on the other side of the turbo you should be able to pull it out the top without loosening motor mounts or having any other issues. I had ac stuff and heater core all gone when I swapped turbos tho so dunno if those would interfere.

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
This will be helpful if I ever get my KO4 on. Still need S3 injectors, DV relocation & software