GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY-Adding a OCS to OEM Recaros or Aftermarket Racing Seats!!!

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Hello people i have been trying to figure out how to Add the OCS / Weight Sensor / Bladder to an OEM Recaro seats. U need to do this so u dont have the Passenger Airbag light on the Dash below the Hazard button.

I had to take apart the Passenger seats and take off the OSC without taking the connecter apart on the unit. There are DO NOT UNPLUG stickers all over this unit. Im assuming that this part/OCS is pressurized and if u unconnected it then ur F*^ked. LOL And this OCS unit is like $1500 from the dealer. I have the part # in the pix if u need it.

The whole process was pretty easy and can be done farly easy if any one needs this done to the Aftermarket or OEM seats.

This OCS allows the Passenger light to come ON and OFF as someone gets in and out of ur car, and also knowing if its a child or NOT.

So here a ruff draft on how to disconnect the seat and OCS with out un-connecting the connecters. Once u get the seats out of the car now u need to flip the seats upside down and on its side with the Hight lever.

When the seat is on its side with the hight lever on top, take this whole side off and dont for get to unplug the LumBar support.

Once u get this done, flip it over to the other side and take this side off along with the Seat Belt and don forget to unplug the seat belt connections.

IMG_3700.jpg

Now u can turn over the seat where the bottom of the seat is up so u have access to the bottom frame and connections. Now u can start to take the seat leather cover off the seat frame front and sides need to come off to get to the OCS Bladder balloon.

IMG_3716.jpg
IMG_3718.jpg

Once u get this far remove the Bladder from the seat frame macking sure u dont pop the bag, be very carefull. DO NOT take this bladder out completely cause u still need to take off the Connection under the seat frame. If u look at ALL the connections on the OCS connecters u will see where they all come together. Once u get this off it should look like this, HOPEFULLY....... Notice the PURPLE STICKERS, DO NOT UNPLUG THIS PARTS.......

IMG_3687.jpg
IMG_3698.jpg

This the OCS Weight Sensor / Bladder, this part is where the Seats pad sits on and the other side with the lint foam is where the seat frame sits aginst.

IMG_3704.jpg
IMG_3687.jpg

I have labbled all the connection that are connected to the OCS Harness, it a large Cable. First u have the Seat Belt connection, the Lum Bar Surpport connections, and the Heated Seat Pads.

IMG_3694.jpg
IMG_3692.jpg
IMG_3696.jpg

This the only wire i can not figure out what is goes to i have narrowed it down to the Seat Belt sensor or the Airbag Sensor?????? It a Black/Yellow wire with a Brown wire and it connects to a Brown and Purple wire.

IMG_3714.jpg

If u can figure this out that would be great...........I FOUND OU THAT THIS WIRE IS TO THE HEATED SEAT PADS, 2 WIRE FOR THE TOP AND 2 WIRES FOR THE BOTTOM

Im going to install this OCS weight sensor to my Recaro and hopefully get rid of the Flashing OFF symbol on the dash above the radio and under the Hazard button.

Last edited:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Have any body install one of these OCS weight sensor to an After market seats before??

If so any help would be great!!!!!

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Well all i can say is "What a PITA!!!!!"

This took my like 4 hours to do and was very tedious. I removed the OCS Weight sensor from my Original seats and installed it on my new Recaro passenger seat.

To get the weight sensor on the recaro seat i had to drill a 3" hole on the bottom of the seat frame.

I hope this will fix the Passenger Airbag light above the radio. I have already install the seat to the car but still need to clear the Faults on the dash and cluster. I do not have VagCom and hoping maybe the dealer will clear them.

Pix of the swap!!!!!!!

This is the original seat with the OCS weight senosor on.

IMG_3621.jpg

This is the difference between the 2 seats. The original seat belt has a sensor with two connections. U will need to swap the belt out.

IMG_3741.jpg

This is another angle on the seat belt. U will need to grind the sides down and make it more round instead of square. It will not fit unless u do this.

IMG_3751.jpg

Pic of how the seat cover comes off.

IMG_3778.jpg

This is the bottom of the Passenger Recaro seat. U will need to remove the connectors and the aluminum fame to drill a 3" hole. This hole is for the weight sensor to slide in and out.

IMG_3735.jpg

This is the 3" saw wheel and drill

IMG_3780.jpg

This is where to drill the 3" hole on the Recaro seat. I put a book behind the frame to protect the seat foam.

IMG_3798.jpg

Once u got the hole drilled and cleaned off u will need to mod the OCS weight sensor hose frame to the Recaro aluminum seat frame. I put a few banana peel rivets in the aluminum frame to hold it together. her is a pic

IMG_3816.jpg

Here is pic of the aluminum frame, weight sensor, and the weight sensor hose frame all connected to the Recaro seat. Its tricking to get everything right just take ur time and be gentle.

IMG_3822.jpg

And here is another pic of all the connections in there place. The seat belt connections are installed and all is in working condition and make sure all the wire will not get cut by seat functions.

IMG_3832.jpg

There u go ur Done!!!!!!:happyanim:

I have alot more pix but could not fit them all on here but u got the point. Removing and installing all the parts took 4 hrs and some.....

Now i hope it works.LOL:headbang:

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Nice and clean DIY, Good job!

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Nice and clean DIY, Good job!

Thanks man!!!!!!!!

I will be going to the dealer tomorrow and see if they can Remove the 2 front side Airbags that where on my old seats.

And since i have the OCS weight sensor on the Passenger seat all the lights on the dash and above the radio will work as well as the Passenger Airbag.

Keep fingers crossed :w00t:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Ok well i just got from the VW Dealer and all is well!!!!!!:happyanim:

One of the VW Techs cleared all my Passenger Airbag fault for the OCS Weight sensor. Now it does not Flash the whole time im driving around.

Now it works like it did with the original seat in there. This way it works when i have my wife riding with me and i know she is safe with the passenger airbag working as it should, as well as when my little niece is in the car riding with me it turns off cause she is still very young.

All i need to do is Deactivate the Side Airbags to get rid of the airbag symbol in the cluster and im good.

Any one in the Dallas area with VAGCOM that can help me?????????? I DISABLED THE SIDE AIRBAGS THANKS TO GOTTALOVVW VAGCOM!!!!!!!!

EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mkimjoon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
A3 w/ APR K04 Tune
Ok well i just got from the VW Dealer and all is well!!!!!!:happyanim:

One of the VW Techs cleared all my Passenger Airbag fault for the OCS Weight sensor. Now it does not Flash the whole time im driving around.

Now it works like it did with the original seat in there. This way it works when i have my wife riding with me and i know she is safe with the passenger airbag working as it should, as well as when my little niece is in the car riding with me it turns off cause she is still very young.

All i need to do is Deactivate the Side Airbags to get rid of the airbag symbol in the cluster and im good.

Any one in the Dallas area with VAGCOM that can help me?????????? I DISABLED THE SIDE AIRBAGS THANKS TO GOTTALOVVW VAGCOM!!!!!!!!

EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

could you please tell me what vag did you have to do to completely 100% it? i used your DIY on my S3 buckets :) thanks to you! :wub:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
After seeing all this I'm glad Canadian cars don't have the OCS sensor :yikes:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
I know right!!!!!!!

It sounds like a PITA and it was but u can get all this done in a few hours on a weekend.

If any body wants a set of OEM Recaros please hit me up, I will beat any price online!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpg
    IMG_3603.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 9,428
  • IMG_3534.jpg
    IMG_3534.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 5,101

Srys_finest_gti

Ready to race!
Wish I had money for oem recaro's. Those seats are a work of art.. Simply beautiful