GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Differences noticed after doing a VCDS Readiness....

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I wanted to work through some Basic Setting BS to see if I can get some results for the new catalytic converter installed and O2 health. I first did the Readiness. Then I looked at Readiness Status and it showed failed on a number of blocks...even though the Readiness previously showed "System OK" when it completed. I then discovered a did have a fault for unplugging the MAF this morning when doing a test start-up (see; https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/inde...on-first-attempt-to-start.386849/post-7685767). So I thought I needed to redo the Readiness because I did read there should be no fault codes when you activate the readiness scan. So I went back to Basic Settings - 200 - Readiness and the first block has ERROR in it and would not allow another Readiness scan to be performed. I hovered on Block 1 "ERROR" and there's some statement about a number of varied driving situations are needed or some BS.

So I went for a drive.

Here's where the differences were noticed....remember, I've owned this one since Nov. 2006:
1) I first noticed the brakes are much firmer than before and there is much less pedal travel.
2) Up to now the throttle was feeling a bit unresponsive resulting in the acceleration at low load feeling a bit sluggish...not delayed but "under-powered or not as peppy" if you will. Something was off with it before...I would press the throttle lightly and it felt as though it was only sucking air and giving nothing in return. It was slight and barely noticeable, but I was taking note lately that it is definitely there. But that too is gone.
3) I also noticed after 20 miles that the LTFT was just +0.4% (idle) and +1.6% (partial). I know it needs more time, but I have recently done a 'clear faults' and done the same drive to find +1.5% (idle) and +5.x% (partial) which eventually increases to +7.8% (partial).

Not sure how it became the way it did prior to doing the Readiness...or how the Readiness affected everything. But I am now a bit curious if Readiness affected its tuning in any way...it is clearly different now.

I didn't even go back to the Readiness to see if ERROR is still there. Nor did I look to see if Failed was still on those blocks in View Readiness Status. I was just pleased with how it now felt.

So, I am curious if anyone else has performed the Readiness and noticed these slight changes. Or, if just curious and brave, go and perform the VCDS Readiness (Automated 'end of the line') and see if you too notice anything different.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
After a few more drives the LTFT has changed. It is now at -0.4% (idle) and 7.0% (partial).
Brakes still feel much better for whatever reason. I just installed new APR coils and new BKR7EIX plugs this morning.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Probably more linked with the error clearing which also resets the ECU adaptations. Not an explanation for the brakes though
Right...I know the LTFT resets upon clear faults and work their way back to an 'average' % if you will. Idle trim is less than before and Partial is near its normal 7.8% now. I have not ever seen the Idle with a negative x% though. It has always been at +1% to +1.5%. But yeah...it struck me as odd how firm the brakes felt immediately following the performing of the group 200 Readiness. I could not, and still don't, understand how that happened. Unless by sitting there, with the brakes and throttle fully depressed, for the 15 to 20 minutes while it ran and performed its Readiness allowed something to alter itself.