GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

did you know?

whiterabbit

Touring Car Champion
for those of you who went with a VW lease or a drivers option and have since chance their minds and want just a regular loan on their car it is possible to do that.

you can "refinance" your car and quite possible lower your payment, even put money down on it!

it is like getting a chance to do it all over again and make a better choice :thumbsup:

hit me up if you are interested! I can help you no matter where you live in the 50 states

omar

Esserman International VW
Car(s)
2007 GLI
Interesting

How would ppl be able to lower the payment on a refinance???

whiterabbit

Touring Car Champion
I did! went from a 48 month lease to a 60 month loan. since my credit rating has improved I got a lower rate

exS4

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
`06 GTi
Why would you LEASE a vw unless your busniess pays for it?

for those of you who went with a VW lease or a drivers option and have since chance their minds and want just a regular loan on their car it is possible to do that.

you can "refinance" your car and quite possible lower your payment, even put money down on it!

it is like getting a chance to do it all over again and make a better choice :thumbsup:

hit me up if you are interested! I can help you no matter where you live in the 50 states

If You can't afford to buy a vw,
then you have problems! :biggrin:

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
no offense to you or anyone, but theirs gotta be a catch. just like when you refi a house. whats it costing us or doing to us? wheres the fine print :)

evileli

Passed Driver's Ed
There is no catch. BMW finace has been doing this for years. They will give a person a predetermint rate if you want to switch lease to purchase. Or if you like the car enough after lease ends same thing. You didn't have to go back to dealership. Everything was done direct with bmw. 6.9% was the rate a year ago when i was selling cars.

Jayhawker

Ready to race!
You NEVER buy out your lease. Lets say you guys were 2 years into a 4 year lease and then buy it out and refinance it for 60 months, that's 7 years of payments. Ride out the term and get something else. If your saleman gives a shitt about you as a customer, he will have you leasing for 36 months. I don't want to crap anyone out here, but VW sets the "GFV" guaranteed future value
or residual high so you as a consumer get a lower payment on a lease. The car is never worth the GFV that VW sets when the lease is up. Look at the trade in value on a pkg 2 with dsg on kbb.

codemonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
IF you've financed the car, say on a 60 month term, can you down the road start paying more per month and have the car paid off sooner? Or refinance to a shorter term?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
IF you've financed the car, say on a 60 month term, can you down the road start paying more per month and have the car paid off sooner? Or refinance to a shorter term?

if you pay more a month and beat the principle, the car belongs to you in a lease.

Jayhawker

Ready to race!
Yes, you can pay down your balance at any time. You will want to speak with your finance company and make sure the extra is not applied to future payments. Honda Finance had my extra going to the next months payment and I eventually got a statement that said I was paid up for 4 months. I would just send 400 every month and I never paid attention to the statement. A phone call is all it took to correct the problem.

You will not want to refi to a shorter term, just make the extra payments. By reduucing your balance faster, you are paying less interest. Also, when you refi a used car, your rate will USUALLY get higher.

I hope this helps.