GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer Destroyed My Car ! Help !

Nickand

Hello guys,

I'm in a kind of shock at the moment so sorry for the title.

I've just received my car (Golf 8 Style 1.5 eTSI) from the annual service (3rd year) , only to realise that the following do not work (!) :

- App-Connect: says to download it from the shop when I click on it but there is nothing there
- Travel Assist: shows a constant error that it is not available
- DCC: pressing the button on the dash does nothing, and I can't find the settings in the assist menu

Does anyone have an idea on what they have done to my car? They told me to take it back on Monday, but I'm losing my mind here. I've tried resetting, deleting the user and becoming the primary user again but no luck. Any help or input would be much appreciated!

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
I know you’re frustrated but I would not call that “destroyed.” Let them have a chance to resolve it. Probably simply some sensors disconnected.

Nickand

I know you’re frustrated but I would not call that “destroyed.” Let them have a chance to resolve it. Probably simply some sensors disconnected.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, you're right "destroyed" might have been an exaggeration. I know that things will probably get fixed next week but I find it very odd that so many things have stopped working. I was wondering if they were somehow de-activated and that is why I created this topic.

P.s. In addition to what I've mentioned above, I the Adaptive Cruise Control, Dynamic Road Sign and Driver Fatigue Detection also don't work.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
That's really interesting. I almost wonder if they flashed a bad infotainment version or something.

Nickand

T
So if the ACC, Dynamic road sign, App-connect, etc are not working then it looks like a "Function on demand" Swap problem. They must of messed up while updating the Infotainment system. Can you check to see if you have any recalls for the car. You can check at this website: https://www.volkswagen.com.au/app/locals/owners-service/service-campaigns-recalls
Thank you very much for your reply.

Apparently, I have the following campaigns "outstanding":

S-Golf 8 MHEV service campaign
W-OCU control unit update
S-OTA update OCU3

Some of them go all the way back to 2021

Last edited:

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Did them work after leave car alone for a night or 30 minutes keys away (car going to sleep) ?

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie

Nickand

Got back from the dealer. They told me that they contacted the factory and run some software updates. (indeed the infotainment has gone from 1788 to 1941).

Initially, this fixed the issues and everything went back to normal (no travell assist errors, no app-connect problems, everything ok). However, after restarting the car, all the errors came back. They' re thinking that it might be a hardware problem and that they may have to order replacement parts from the factory as they haven't been able to resolve this issue so far.

Has this happened to anyone else or is it just my luck?

The Australian site doesn’t seem to update when a recall / service campaign has been done.
Try this site which does seem to update:
https://www.dieteren.be/en/recall/?...n77t1j8fGMI1uCT3i9prL2IxyIY9soYB8R67t_A-rRCRg

Thanks for this. Only the S-Golf 8 MHEV service campaign (90S8) remains outstanding on this website.