GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
When I was young, we didn't wear seatbelt, the only air bag was you hitting the windshield and your chest was the crumple zone, and we liked it.

Get off my lawn.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
When I was young, we didn't wear seatbelt, the only air bag was you hitting the windshield and your chest was the crumple zone, and we liked it.

Get off my lawn.
You've convinced me. Fuckit I'm deleting my seat entirely and going to sit on a milk crate for weight savings

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
See also: roll cages in street cars

still waiting for a manufacturer makes a "track focused variant" that has a "hidden" roll cage built in AND is street safe.

Won't be able to afford it, but I'll wait for it nonetheless. Just like I've been waiting for ScarJo to DM me since I was 18.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
Gawdammit!! I missed out on the toilet talk of 2024!

I missed a golden opportunity to talk about one of my most knowledgeable subjects!

1713917088365.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You've convinced me. Fuckit I'm deleting my seat entirely and going to sit on a milk crate for weight savings

When I was like 13, my step father was restoring a Dodge Dart. It had a log for a seat for the longest time.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Ok guys. Talk me out of this. Found a 2008 2 door gti that's "not running". Know nothing about it, but has a list of mods including apr stage 2, twin cooler, wide body fenders, 17z brembos (seller says "locked up brakes" can't be that bad), and 100k miles. Seller is asking 800 bucks for it. I'm finding out manual or dsg. Should I go 100k deep in a mk5????

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ok guys. Talk me out of this. Found a 2008 2 door gti that's "not running". Know nothing about it, but has a list of mods including apr stage 2, twin cooler, wide body fenders, 17z brembos (seller says "locked up brakes" can't be that bad), and 100k miles. Seller is asking 800 bucks for it. I'm finding out manual or dsg. Should I go 100k deep in a mk6????

The ad: "Not running, just needs an oxygen sensor. I just haven't had the time to change it. $800."

The reality: Needs a new engine and transmission. $800.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Oh I know the reality of it, but I really want a toy again.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I mean it's worth 800 bucks. Just no idea how much it's going to cost to get running

At least another $800...

Why are some of the pictures screenshots of a description that lists a different price and higher mileage?

Because I'm fairly certain people selling cars on FB Marketplace have the intelligence of an orangutang. Like, people will post a car for $25k, and pictures are clearly from 3 different times in the cars lifecycle. Is it that fucking hard to go take some current pic of the car you're trying to sell for thousands of dollars?!?!

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Because I'm fairly certain people selling cars on FB Marketplace have the intelligence of an orangutang. Like, people will post a car for $25k, and pictures are clearly from 3 different times in the cars lifecycle. Is it that fucking hard to go take some current pic of the car you're trying to sell for thousands of dollars?!?!
Lazy I understand. The concerning part is that he's selling it with "100k miles", but it's including screenshots from a prior listing where it had 152k miles. Feels scammy.