GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
In all seriousness, I'm planning on doing springs with the DCC on the new car and I'm paranoid about damaging them during the install, so I'm going to do it Jay's way this time.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Good point, only one of us has a running GTI.

Jay, I'm on my way, just need to run home and get my 2 x 4.

1713972548716.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Time = money. There's no money to be made here.
my ass! the best part is, 90% of the good sellable stuff is simple bolt ons, i.e., it doesnt take long to take off a solid 80% of the good resellable stuff on there.

i've been dying to find a great deal like this near me to have a MK5 lesbian jetta rehash

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
honestly his finger lived a good life, and saw a lot of baconrings. i say it's time for it to go

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
my ass! the best part is, 90% of the good sellable stuff is simple bolt ons, i.e., it doesnt take long to take off a solid 80% of the good resellable stuff on there.

i've been dying to find a great deal like this near me to have a MK5 lesbian jetta rehash
I mean, chitown is only a 7 hour drive. I could grab it, and hook you up. For a small fee of course.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Right way is EZPZ if you're installing stock height springs, or near stock height. 2x4 method works great if you're installing coilovers, I set my perches to the lowest setting to make getting them in fairly easy and then once everybody was in place set the perches where I wanted them.

1000% would not install stock springs using a 2x4, because there was a fair amount of wiggling/movement required to where I'd be concerned about the 2x4 letting go. Also fuck that single bolt shit, I wrapped a ratchet strap around the 2x4 and strut to hopefully keep it from escaping quite so readily, I don't know that I'd trust a single bolt.

How do the DCC struts play with aftermarket springs? Buddy of mine has DCC in his mk8 and was thinking about springs, but I'd be iffy on them since traditional logic is stock struts + lowering springs = blown struts, and DCC struts aren't cheap.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
How do the DCC struts play with aftermarket springs? Buddy of mine has DCC in his mk8 and was thinking about springs, but I'd be iffy on them since traditional logic is stock struts + lowering springs = blown struts, and DCC struts aren't cheap.
So, I don't know if the mk8s can do the same thing that my car does, but the other day I saw this. I also have no idea if this helps with the longevity of the struts, but I feel like it would?

This procedure basically resets your "static neutral" height on the struts to the new lower position. It makes the ride better, because the shocks don't "firm" up thinking they are going into compression when it's really just the new lower ride height.

1713978632730.png

1713978647280.png

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
So, I don't know if the mk8s can do the same thing that my car does, but the other day I saw this. I also have no idea if this helps with the longevity of the struts, but I feel like it would?

This procedure basically resets your "static neutral" height on the struts to the new lower position. It makes the ride better, because the shocks don't "firm" up thinking they are going into compression when it's really just the new lower ride height.

View attachment 303758
View attachment 303759
We might just have to look into that. I've got VCDS (and may very well buy him a dongle as well, very close friend) and in general it would be super helpful. I'm also gonna bookmark this so that we can reference it later on.