GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Moving with a small toolbox isn't bad, but I would not want to have to move now with the 52" and all the tools scattered around that I'd have to worry about. Tbh if you're thinking of living there long-term, I'd say just wait until you get settled in, then go on a Tekton shopping spree
Well I'm taking the torx and triple square. I have my small toolbox which is fantastic, but its missing a few wrenches (a mostly complete wrench set isnt that expensive) and I'd also grab a digital torque gauge and a breaker bar. That's it.
As for a jack and stands... I might need to grab a set... who knows.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Yeah, definitely need to grab a jack. I keep one in my car just so that I won't have to use the widowmaker in the event of a flat.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
this is a very very old picture at this point(14 years lol) but its basically the same as how everything looks now at grandmas, the gravel is just crazy overgrown.

i MIGHT spend some money since ill be living there a while in making the gravel area a concrete pad and then possibly buying a 12x20 metal shed/garage to put a car in and also have a little workshop area.

1713809450433.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Good thing I'm half of 40 and don't actually need to haul a lot of stuff.
I'm going to assemble a more complete set of tools so that I don't have to take stuff from my dad.
Everything will fit in the GTI (no back seats). Might throw on the roofbox to carry the new wheels. I just need to install things I have lying around.
How long are planning on staying out in Austin?

I assume the job isn't covering relocation so you're just bringing what you can carry with you and planning on buying everything else for your home once you get there? I wouldn't worry about buying tools now, I would be more concerned with clothing and how you're going to get all of that there. (You have more than you think you do)

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
How long are planning on staying out in Austin?

I assume the job isn't covering relocation so you're just bringing what you can carry with you and planning on buying everything else for your home once you get there? I wouldn't worry about buying tools now, I would be more concerned with clothing and how you're going to get all of that there. (You have more than you think you do)
I plan on staying for the rest of 2024.

I used to live in NYC... if I could move there with carrying stuff on subway, I can move to Austin no problem.
All I really need is a laptop + chargers, clothes, and toiletries.
I'll have plenty room for tools. Reason for me bringing them is because car is at 160k miles and shit can go wrong.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Woo I'm picking up the motor tonight
lift with your back in a sharp, twisting motion.

that was drilled into my mind as a youngin and has never led me wrong!

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Late entry to the weekend activities discussion. Went to Vegas with the wife, since neither of us had ever been, to celebrate 32 years together. Didn't gamble, just did all the touristy stuff and checked out the Grand Canyon. The wife got all the good pics on her camera and phone, but I did manage to grab a quick shot of the BattleBots arena on the way back to the airport for @mwoodski:

bbots.jpg

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I don't think I know how to have a good time in Vegas, been there 3 times for fun and many other times for work. Had an ok time but didn't really get the hype.

That’s because it really sucks, and people just pretend it’s great because fomo/hype.

“What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” is really intended to keep people from taking about how mediocre at best it actually is.