Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Not so cool update.

So chest tube came out at 2pm, chest xray at 6pm, and now being preped for surgery to have a chest tube. Fluid started filling his chest cavity again. So looks like we are going to be here for a few more days.

cb1111

Not so cool update.

So chest tube came out at 2pm, chest xray at 6pm, and now being preped for surgery to have a chest tube. Fluid started filling his chest cavity again. So looks like we are going to be here for a few more days.
Fark. Take GTIfan up on his offer for a reality check. I also have access to a few trauma surgeons if that helps - even if only to explain stuff to you in a way that makes sense.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Fark. Take GTIfan up on his offer for a reality check. I also have access to a few trauma surgeons if that helps - even if only to explain stuff to you in a way that makes sense.
Luckily wife was in medical field before her spine injuries. She has been keeping the info dummied down for me. Surgery went well, tube is smaller than the original one and they used a wire to install it, so the wound should be less intrusive. Waiting for him to get out of recovery now.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
not sure if srs

The fun thing about kinetic energy is that you gotta worry about the square of velocity. I have no idea how fast a fully loaded cargo ship might go while navigating bridges, so I picked a number that sounded right. If it was going faster than 4 kph (9 mph) the Joules (TNT equiv) would be bigger

I also know that reinforced concrete is only meant to take vertical compressive strength and it's much weaker in shear (which is partly why rebar exists). The napkin math tells me there was somewhere between ~300 and 1000+ lbs equivalent of TNT applied in shear to the support. No wonder shit broke.
Yes srs and that explained it to me. Shesr strength is a thing. I never took physics so im relying on your napkin math lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Someone in our team meeting this morning said "It's Easter on Sunday, don't eat too much chocolate."

I'm so glad having meetings on mute gives me a couple seconds to contemplate what I'm thinking about saying, before I say it, because all I could think was "and don't eat too much Jesus either".

I did not say it and still have a job. It was a close call.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i was at the mall yesterday and there was a kid on a leash and i was holding in saying things like 'heel boy' sooo hard

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
i was at the mall yesterday and there was a kid on a leash and i was holding in saying things like 'heel boy' sooo hard
1711720974552.png

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Someone in our team meeting this morning said "It's Easter on Sunday, don't eat too much chocolate."

I'm so glad having meetings on mute gives me a couple seconds to contemplate what I'm thinking about saying, before I say it, because all I could think was "and don't eat too much Jesus either".

I did not say it and still have a job. It was a close call.
I called it black Friday by mistake earlier. Woops

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Mrs Mud just brought home a 3/4 rib hunk of Prime rib. I used to do a killer grilled leg of lamb but last few years mkts here have been selling rib at real cheap prices to get you in the door.

Asparagus, Yorkshire pudding, taters, cranberry/pear relish and a carrot cake that I will put up against anyone's.

Cake is in oven now as meeting friend at the good diner tmrw to give her a piece. Cream cheese and sr crm frosting