GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
man i just learned that boat weighed 100k tons EMPTY lol.

235k tons full, which is a whopping 518,000,000lb.

GOOD LAWD
OH LAWD HE COMIN'

also a little further reading sounds like they legit did everything they could do, including calling ahead and basically saying 'we've tried everything and it's gonna make contact, try and gtfo'

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
1000001997.jpg

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
@Pineapple Garage remains open for use. We can still be on to install your suspension. @dtfd said he can come to help (and he's the one who actually owns the spring compressor), so my role might be relegated to being the "Hell yeah brother!" moral support and tool fetcher, but my tools and quickjack are probably more important than I am anyway 🤣

@messrock, same with your downpipe. Grab Dino and I'll watch you guys struggle to get it out from underneath the car 🤣
@Pineapple make sure you show up first because if not you won't get to work on your car. Ask me how I know (don't lol).

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Used to live in NYC
Now in MA
Both have amazing pizza places, both have shitty places.

You can't rank pizza by city.
Ranking by pizzeria/restaurant is how it should be.

Pizza doesn't have to be in a city and 30bucks to be good.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@Pineapple make sure you show up first because if not you won't get to work on your car. Ask me how I know (don't lol).

"It's just the rear brakes on a Taos, it should take 30 minutes..."

Saabingti

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Used to live in NYC
Now in MA
Both have amazing pizza places, both have shitty places.

You can't rank pizza by city.
Ranking by pizzeria/restaurant is how it should be.

Pizza doesn't have to be in a city and 30bucks to be good.
I lived in Naples Italy, all the pizza was amazing. Checkmate.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
OH LAWD HE COMIN'

also a little further reading sounds like they legit did everything they could do, including calling ahead and basically saying 'we've tried everything and it's gonna make contact, try and gtfo'

napkin math:

KE = 1/2 m v^2

m = 235 000 000 kg
v = 15 kph = 4 m/s

KE = 1.88 GJ

That's about a half a ton of TNT.
The conspiracy theorists have already started.

I'd be willing to bet the other thread is talking about controlled explosions.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Back at the dealer today for my mk8.

3 different sets of wheels and tires and they all vibrate on the highway. Doesn’t matter who balances them. Funny how everyone piled on Discount Tire (and me for going there), but 2 different shops verified the balance was good. I asked them to re-balance anyways. I’m having the dealer check hub runout and I dunno what else today.

Also having them look at a loud whistle/squeal under full boost again. Last week I was there for this they didn’t know what it is but said all the intake and charge pipes are fine. SA said it’s probably normal wastegate sound because someone heard that on a mk5 once 🙄. But I’ve asked around online and can’t find any other mk8 owners who get this noise (
). Sounds to me like a boost leak or a failing DV 🤷‍♂️. If it’s normal, fine.

I didn’t expect to be spending hours upon hours at the shop before I even hit 1500 miles. I’m keeping detailed records of everything in case any of these issues are lemon law worthy if they can’t fix it.
Drove a couple techs around. Master tech said the whistling sound is just a turbo making turbo sounds and that some turbos are louder than others. Ehhh OK. Documenting that in case my turbo blows up lmao.

As for the vibration, the tech suggested starting with a super precise balance. So he remounted a couple of the tires and took his time with it. Got all corners below 10 lbs and the ride seems to be good now on stock wheels and tires. The dealer treating it as a warranty issue probably helped.

The whole situation doesn’t make a lot of sense in my head yet and I’m still sus of the fix, because 3 different sets were/are vibrating after multiple balances at multiple shops. But it would seem the normal spec (18 lbs) used by every shop I asked doesn’t cut it. My simple theory is the stiffer and lighter mk8 suspension will transmit vibrations more easily, so a better balance is needed. Relatively easy fix if true.

So here I am with my brand new set from Tire Rack that I'd like to put on, supposedly road force balanced, yet it vibrates pretty severely on the highway. So tired of dealing with this shit. This shouldn't be so difficult.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Come drive mine and see if same issue.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
The conspiracy theorists have already started.

I'd be willing to bet the other thread is talking about controlled explosions.
other thread hasnt had a post in nearly a month