GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: GROUP BUY - $3 Suckjobs Crafted By Riceburner; Must Have 23 People To Make Happen

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Not the first time.

Some mods we got around here 🙄

(lloyd rule)
Yeah that's me. This fucking site doesn't allow me to mark a user as spam which deletes everything in one swoop if they have more than 50 posts which means I have to delete 20 posts at a time page by page. Today there were 4 spammers with 700+ threads from last night.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I can still see it. Did it get restored or something?

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
That's what I meant. Some companies let you roll over and accrue crazy amounts though they can also just tell you use it or lose it.

I left my last company with a hair over 200 unused hours between sick/vacation, it was my own sign-on bonus to the new place.
We cap accrual at 240 hours, then it becomes use it or lose it. I have several people that I have to constantly plead with to take time off and not let the company steal from them.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
We cap accrual at 240 hours, then it becomes use it or lose it. I have several people that I have to constantly plead with to take time off and not let the company steal from them.

god, i can't imagine that state of mind. having 240 hours of PTO stored up with no intentions of using it. i use up 100% of my PTO all of the time. I only rollover if a year was light on vacations and I got a big one coming up the year after. always net-zero.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
I undeleted it
1679068229314.jpeg

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
god, i can't imagine that state of mind. having 240 hours of PTO stored up with no intentions of using it. i use up 100% of my PTO all of the time. I only rollover if a year was light on vacations and I got a big one coming up the year after. always net-zero.
I have a few people that bank it so they can take longer trips home (India, China, Russia, etc) - but I have to remind them to at least take a few days here and there.

I also have some people that have never used any sick time.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I have a few people that bank it so they can take longer trips home (India, China, Russia, etc) - but I have to remind them to at least take a few days here and there.

I also have some people that have never used any sick time.

good little capitalist drones :(

i don't abuse it, but if i wake up to a sunny day and it's been a stressful week at work, that's a sick day. brains gotta stay healthy too.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
So, feral cats are a pretty efficient predator. Pet cats aren't all that different, as far as still having that killer instinct. You guys ever wonder what it'd be like to be an apex predator that randomly gets picked up and carried around like a stuffed animal? Like that seems so demeaning. /showerthoughts

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG

i don't abuse it, but if i wake up to a sunny day and it's been a stressful week at work, that's a sick day. brains gotta stay healthy too.
Bingo. Some days it’s better to just say “fuck it” slack your boss, turn on do not disturb and go back to bed.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
Bingo. Some days it’s better to just say “fuck it” slack your boss, turn on do not disturb and go back to bed.
I kept my sanity when everything was closed and I was "working from home" by sitting my laptop on my workbench with Teams open, and spending some quality time with my Jetta. I cleaned up and painted a subframe, put new solid subframe bushings in, and proceeded to break the head off of one of the sway bar bracket bolts. Then broke an extractor, and decided to put another subframe in because I didn't have the capacity to melt the bit out. Swapped the seats for GLI seats, replaced the LCAs and bushings, covered the pillars with a nice subtle grey paisley fabric, and semi-polished my valve cover. We also did a bunch of walking around our neighborhood, roughly 5 miles a day.

These days I have to come into the office if I want to get paid, so I come in early and leave early. It's a decent deal.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

That's one way of looking at it. It's just as easy to plan a mental health day a week in advance, get people to cover your meetings or tasks for that day in advance.

Right or wrong, companies look as it as unreliable and will pass you over for promotions on the account that you only get sick on Fridays and leave a burden for others because it wasn't planned properly.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
That's one way of looking at it. It's just as easy to plan a mental health day a week in advance, get people to cover your meetings or tasks for that day in advance.

Right or wrong, companies look as it as unreliable and will pass you over for promotions on the account that you only get sick on Fridays and leave a burden for others because it wasn't planned properly.

oh no yeah, i never do a sick day on a friday, way too conspicuous. or a thursday before a 3day weekend. i ain't brand new

edit: last time i took a sick day on a friday, i was actually physically sick lol