GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
If you're going more than 28ish you need sensors.

I'm running 28/29 peak boost till redline with no sensors

Yes, but why? 4 bar is either 43 psig or 58 psia which is way more than 28.

You replied too fast for my edit to hold: Or is it kinda like device calibration where you want to stay away from the extreme ends of measurement capability?

EDIT:

Google got me sorted. 4 bar is total range and usually from -1 to +3 bar. For a second there I forgot we're drawing negative pressure until VTEC turbo kicks in.+3 bar being 28 psig. Need 5 bar to go -1 to +4, or 43 psig.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yes, but why? 4 bar is either 43 psig or 58 psia which is way more than 28.

You replied too fast for my edit to hold: Or is it kinda like device calibration where you want to stay away from the extreme ends of measurement capability?

EDIT:

Google got me sorted. 4 bar is total range and usually from -1 to +3 bar. For a second there I forgot we're drawing negative pressure until VTEC turbo kicks in.+3 bar being 28 psig. Need 5 bar to go -1 to +4, or 43 psig.
Stock PUT reads 3 BAR including atmospheric pressure.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah, don't forget ambient. Here's one of the first logs when I was tuning with Sneaky.

1704915989159.png

It hit 28.8psi and couldn't read higher than that.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
I'm willing to bet APR is big enough/has enough money into it that it makes sense for them to be proactive in operating as a '100% above board' operation, versus trying the 'off-road use only' thing where it's kind of an out in the open thing that people willfully ignore.
Holley is a publicly traded company with a 500MM+ market cap. Pretty sure everything has to stay above board.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
8.5 incoming, straight from stock to Vortex as soon as the papers are signed.

2022 GLI with a Vortex. Maybe the hybrid turbo would cancel out the lesbian aspect of it?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
An R can use good tires and be setup to turn.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I find myself questioning why many of you bought the cars you did only to drive them like it's a Kia Rio
idk about your experiences with kia rio drivers, but if we're driving like them, those cars are beaten to within an inch of their lives