GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Did you get a ball park or figure out the trade in on the R?
And/or what are the plans there?
I don't know a thing. lol
It's so far out they didn't want to talk trade in value yet. I don't know when I'll see the car. It's sounding like it could be anywhere from 6-12 months. I don't know if there will be different options available yet. I also don't know if there's going to be a price increase for the 2023s. I don't even know if I'll get it with the options I ordered. The guy that knew the most about rs3 orders wasn't there on saturday, so the guy I talked to was just kinda taking all my info and a deposit to get me in line.

I'm hoping I can get at least $36k as a trade in figure. Kbb says this right now
1658151601001.png

If I can get $36k for my car, that'll also cover about $2k in taxes. With a little money down my loan should be around $30k hopefully. My R had a 32k loan, so anything around $30-35k I'll be pretty comfortable paying off.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
What is everyone's thoughts on the TTRS? Within the next couple of months I may trade-in the GTI for either a TTRS, RS3, RCF, or F80 M3.

Top candidates are either the TTRS or RCF as of right now but I don't know what everyone thinks about these cars. I would love to test drive them all and make a conclusion then but with my luck not a single salesman will give me the opportunity.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Today might be the day...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Screenshot_20220718-101403_Chrome.jpg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
What is everyone's thoughts on the TTRS? Within the next couple of months I may trade-in the GTI for either a TTRS, RS3, RCF, or F80 M3.

Top candidates are either the TTRS or RCF as of right now but I don't know what everyone thinks about these cars. I would love to test drive them all and make a conclusion then but with my luck not a single salesman will give me the opportunity.
I was looking at those over the RS3, but that was when I was only looking at used cars. A new TTRS is just barely out of my reach and the RS3 was a little easier for me to manage. The TTRS's made after 2018 are pretty cool looking, but I'm not so into the earlier ones. I'm totally in love with the RS3 interior though. I'm not that into round AC vents on any car, but the TTRS does it the best.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

The RS3 might be a little more updated too, since that's a brand new model and not just a facelift. The TTRS has been out for a few years now. I know the new RS3 has the same haldex they're putting in the mk8 golf r, but with some extra software updates and improvements. Everything I've seen says that's done a lot to remove the understeer problem these cars have always had. I'm not sure they have the TTRS set up to send 100% of the power that's going to the rear to a specific wheel.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
I was looking at those over the RS3, but that was when I was only looking at used cars. A new TTRS is just barely out of my reach and the RS3 was a little easier for me to manage. The TTRS's made after 2018 are pretty cool looking, but I'm not so into the earlier ones. I'm totally in love with the RS3 interior though. I'm not that into round AC vents on any car, but the TTRS does it the best.

RS3 was at first my main priority for my next car mainly because its my dream car but from what I've heard from friends here is that comfort isn't all the way there and that the car is "mid". Now I am not so sure how true that is so I am gonna try to test drive an 8V RS3. Everyone around me is pushing me to get an RCF but I really don't what else to think other than to just test drive one and come to a conclusion...

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I just want to pull it and put him on an anti fungal.

I could smell that picture in my mind.

Wierest thing ive ever done but heres a picture of someones toe in a public bathroom who i can only imagine is jay. Kind of because the toe but mostly cause i think he stood up to wipe based on the shuffling around after the TP rolled
View attachment 255628

My feet/nails have been fucked since my feet damn near rotted off back in winter ‘02/03. Was stuck in the desert for a week without resupply or relief, and the elements got to them.

But fuck, they ain’t that bad, and I wear closed toe everything so others don’t have to see.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i mean, it's mqb right so basically the same as our cars but just a little nicer around the edges and of course the 5banger

Reactions: vu.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
RS3 was at first my main priority for my next car mainly because its my dream car but from what I've heard from friends here is that comfort isn't all the way there and that the car is "mid". Now I am not so sure how true that is so I am gonna try to test drive an 8V RS3. Everyone around me is pushing me to get an RCF but I really don't what else to think other than to just test drive one and come to a conclusion...
I feel like most of the complaints I've read from 8V owners is just about the exhaust. It's a little more muted and not as poppy crackly on the 8Y. Sounds like the 8Y launches better and corners better. I haven't really seen anyone say the driving experience is worse or that they were uncomfortable. With the changes made to the rear haldex everybody seems to like it more.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

I am not a fan of Lexus's design language. The RC F just doesn't seem like it belongs in that group.

Between the RS3 or the TTRS the deciding factor for me would be number of doors. If you need 4 doors go with the RS3, otherwise the TTRS is there if you only need 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.