GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
RIP Ray Liotta , Goodfellas definitely one of my favorite movies . I love this parody they did with his chantix commercial.

cb1111

Dog tags always said “agnostic” despite my being born, baptized, raised, and confirmed Catholic. I believe there is god/gods and it/they reside in the hearts (metaphoric use of term, for literalists) of those who find solace in that belief structure.

Couple years ago I came upon, and saved the lives of, two accident victims. I stabilized them, then prepared and effected their medical extraction from the back country of the Colorado Rockies. When they reached out to me some months later, I was told that god had put me there to help them that day. Though I believe it was simply coincidence and I don’t believe/disbelieve in the god they referenced, I did not put my hand up and say “no,” I let it go. This feeling provided them with internal comfort in an inexplicable situation. That god is real to them, and who am I to take that away from them?

yeah, i hear ya there bud. It pains me to see people thanking god in the face of trained doctors, medicine, etc. but i lost interest in trying to 'sway people away' from their beliefs. i mean, after all the whole 'point' of atheism is to not be swayed by an ideology lol.

but, still plenty of fun to discuss and argue with willing participants :)

good on you for saving those lives dude! thank your mom for people like you!
Sometimes, we use words like "thank God" as fillers when we don't know what to say and we use it to explain the unexplainable.

I'm like Corprin - but grew up catholic in Bavaria (heavily catholic and the public schools were akin to the strictest catholic schools) and the army priest on weekends. We weren't very religious but my dad had to show up for the troops.

For those of you unfamiliar with military religion, the priests aren't like the ones you find downtown and they often add jokes that would make a sailor blush. It also leaves you with a very different view of religion in general.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Sometimes, we use words like "thank God" as fillers when we don't know what to say and we use it to explain the unexplainable.

I'm like Corprin - but grew up catholic in Bavaria (heavily catholic and the public schools were akin to the strictest catholic schools) and the army priest on weekends. We weren't very religious but my dad had to show up for the troops.

For those of you unfamiliar with military religion, the priests aren't like the ones you find downtown and they often add jokes that would make a sailor blush. It also leaves you with a very different view of religion in general.
Can confirm. Army chaplains were dope to drink with

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
For those of you unfamiliar with military religion, the priests aren't like the ones you find downtown and they often add jokes that would make a sailor blush. It also leaves you with a very different view of religion in general
A guy I coached with went I to the army as a chaplain, he was a minister before this and found that he was drawn to tend to the military.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Took this one route. I hardly ever took. Dunno why I did. But I did

accident happened half a block ahead of me. I pull over. Jump into the ditch. Pulled a lady and her kid out. I was in my bdu’s

she and the kid were there when the post commander gave me a coin. She said thank god but generally. Never thought much of it. Was weird how something pulled me towards a different route.

I dunno. Whatever.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
One time I was on a 4 hour drive and pulled into a rest stop to take a leak. I opened the door to my car and there was a phone sitting in the parking lot. It immediately started ringing, and I'm like "oh shit wtf do i do?" I answered it and they asked where I was at. I told them I was at the rest area and they were at a gas station some miles up the road. I semi hauled ass up to there, but the guy keeps calling me like I'm taking forever. I finally get there and it's a van full of touristy looking african people. I roll up in this loud chopping corvette and the guy wants a photo op with the car. I wondered if he was gonna post the pic on faceplace somewhere lmao

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I have a best friend Army Ranger retired...he is the best of everyone here rolled into one. Basically Wolverine.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Status
Not open for further replies.