GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Is that what those little squares are in miso???

Ha, yep! And the green strips are wakame, a type of seaweed.
Tofu is mad tasty, y'all who haven't tried are depriving yourselves. My hands down favorite way to eat it is mapo tofu. Second favorite is sundubu-jjigae, a Korean stew.

Not tastier than steak, though. But tasty.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I was in a small one. walking with a few buddies and I was "WTF was that?" they just looked at me like I was an idiot.

I get that look alot

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Popped my earthquake cherry last night. I felt some swaying last night -- a mild version of that flexy feeling of being stopped on a big overpass while cars in other lanes are flying past you. But it was borderline imperceptible, so I figured it was just in my head -- prolly my heart pumping weird, idk.
Woke up in the morning to find out it was a 3.7 about 35 min away.
There was a decent sized one in the mid Atlantic about a decade ago. I was sitting in a conference room with about 10 coworkers and we all initially thought something at the power plant was blowing up. After a few seconds someone said "I think this is an earthquake" and I swear the second the word earthquake came out of his mouth, one of the guys dove under a desk. He didn't live that down until he quit a year or two later.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Ha, yep! And the green strips are wakame, a type of seaweed.
Tofu is mad tasty, y'all who haven't tried are depriving yourselves. My hands down favorite way to eat it is mapo tofu. Second favorite is sundubu-jjigae, a Korean stew.

Not tastier than steak, though. But tasty.

Yes yes and yes.

For quick easy mapo, I use this:
16EDA222-909B-4EA0-B9B2-D810DDFD59A4.jpeg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Popped my earthquake cherry last night. I felt some swaying last night -- a mild version of that flexy feeling of being stopped on a big overpass while cars in other lanes are flying past you. But it was borderline imperceptible, so I figured it was just in my head -- prolly my heart pumping weird, idk.
Woke up in the morning to find out it was a 3.7 about 35 min away.

Anything short of a 5.0 won’t get me awake. My first big one was a 6.4 when in Kindergarten and biggest to date was the 7.1 Loma Prieta in 89.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've never dealt with an earthquake. We moved to a gated community when the area was early in its development. Across the street another gated community was being built and they would use explosions to clear out lime rock, I think, so every day at least a couple times a day and probably for at least a month or two we would feel the ground shake. Eventually it put a crack in our tiles that went about 2/3rds of the way through the house.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I've never dealt with an earthquake. We moved to a gated community when the area was early in its development. Across the street another gated community was being built and they would use explosions to clear out lime rock, I think, so every day at least a couple times a day and probably for at least a month or two we would feel the ground shake. Eventually it put a crack in our tiles that went about 2/3rds of the way through the house.
I'm not far from an operation that does blasting 5 or 6 times a year. Sometimes the walls shake.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oh shit. Queen of England finally died.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
There was a decent sized one in the mid Atlantic about a decade ago. I was sitting in a conference room with about 10 coworkers and we all initially thought something at the power plant was blowing up. After a few seconds someone said "I think this is an earthquake" and I swear the second the word earthquake came out of his mouth, one of the guys dove under a desk. He didn't live that down until he quit a year or two later.
One time, where I work, a hose for an unused air line fell and was dangling from the ceiling

One of my coworkers was working when the hose fell so he sees it out of the corner of his eye and immediately throws up his hands and dashes away from the machine.

Everyone else is like: "what're you doing??"

He's like: "I thought it was a snake!"

Cue the whole room laughing for 20 minutes and this guy basically never hearing the end of: "Ah!! A snake!"

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Anything short of a 5.0 won’t get me awake. My first big one was a 6.4 when in Kindergarten and biggest to date was the 7.1 Loma Prieta in 89.

I was already awake, otherwise I don't think it would've woken me up. The sensation was barely there!

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Oh shit. Queen of England finally died.

I wonder what percentage of currently living British people have only ever known this one monarch. Side curiosity, I wonder how many people were born and died all within her reign.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
One time, where I work, a hose for an unused air line fell and was dangling from the ceiling

One of my coworkers was working when the hose fell so he sees it out of the corner of his eye and immediately throws up his hands and dashes away from the machine.

Everyone else is like: "what're you doing??"

He's like: "I thought it was a snake!"

Cue the whole room laughing for 20 minutes and this guy basically never hearing the end of: "Ah!! A snake!"

Status
Not open for further replies.