GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Copper Plugs?

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Anyone running copper plugs? From what I've read, you would have to change them more frequently, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using them in these motors.

I might give them a try for poops.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Do regular BKR7E´s are copper? I have been running them for some time, about 2 years on one till them started to missfire at high load.

BAMF

Ready to race!
I've got NGK copper plugs in mine, can't say I noticed any difference over the iridiums I was running before. Yes they have to be replaced more frequently, but they are also MUCH less expensive. Copper is supposed to perform the best due to lower resistance - again, my butt dyno couldn't tell, but that's what the science behind it says.

Duster117

Ready to race!
Same here. Just change them every 20k miles or when they start to misfire

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Price is my reason. Ill try them out. Thanks for the feedback.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
At least get the autolite single platinum for 2.99

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Why not the cheaper copper? I know its only a couple dollars less but is thr platinum measurably better?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Platinum will outlast copper, especially in these engines. I think you'll be buying more copper plugs, just my .02.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Good to know. Thanks

ive been running the autolite coppers for a year now with no problems, gapped to .28
only reason for any others is the longer life. ill probably be changing mine soon, just cuz theyre cheap and easy to do

golfonsteroids

Passed Driver's Ed
I have tried both, the only good thing about iridiums is the lifespan, really. But given the price difference, I would rather just keep changing copper plugs.