GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
I don't own a set of Austins as I have an R. I'm sure someone else in this thread can help you out instead.

I'm going to guess no as the face/spokes of the wheel are pretty flat and the offset is pretty low.
I hear that my R came with the 19" Cadiz wheels, I think the offsets are 51? I doubt they would fit without spacers, I'm currently running Rotiform BLQ's 18x8.5 et45 and I measured the spacing from the rotor face to the closest part of the inner spokes an I have 2.75" of clearance so we'll see, fingers crossed.

18GTISE

Car(s)
'18 VW GTI SE
Has anyone tried fitting up a set of 2014-2016 Cadillac CTS/ATS front Brembos? I forgot that I have a set sitting around.. Really, I'm looking for a spacing for the mounting bolt holes I can compare, before I do a test fit.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Has anyone tried fitting up a set of 2014-2016 Cadillac CTS/ATS front Brembos? I forgot that I have a set sitting around.. Really, I'm looking for a spacing for the mounting bolt holes I can compare, before I do a test fit.

It's not just about hole spacing - it's offset, piston area, and even orientation. I can get you hole spacing if you need it but check those other boxes first.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I have been rolling this idea through my head for a while now. My brother in law has an ss camaro with the 4 piston brembo calipers. The same pad back plate is used on the macan brembo. I would love for someone to Guinea pig this.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I don't understand.... why not just get the Macan/Q5 calipers? They're cheap, and they work.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Update: pulled the calipers back off tonight to do the RacingBrake dust boots/seals.

18GTISE

Car(s)
'18 VW GTI SE
I don't understand.... why not just get the Macan/Q5 calipers? They're cheap, and they work.
I just happen to have a set and also they are about 50% cheaper than the Macan/Q5 if they do fit.

18GTISE

Car(s)
'18 VW GTI SE
It's not just about hole spacing - it's offset, piston area, and even orientation. I can get you hole spacing if you need it but check those other boxes first.
If I can get that I'd really appricate it. I know hole spacing doesn't nescessarily mean they will fit, but it's something I can check without pulling anything apart.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I have a question for you guys;

If you could get a set of TTS callipers for $300 less than Macan callipers would you still choose Macan?