GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COLLEGE DILEMA..

wale

Go Kart Champion
This is a car forum, but i also know they are a lot of career people here.
Okay guys, im having an issue right now. I will be done with my 2 year college this summer, and i got accepted into Drexel University and Rutgers University.
I'm an economics major, but i also wana do political science with that. So which of the 2 school will be a better option 4 me? and why?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I have never heard of Drexel University. Do some research to see which school offers better programs for what you are looking for. Are you planning to go to law school or any other post graduate programs? Is money an issue? Have you visited them both? If so which one did you like more?

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Honestly. Unless members here have gone to either of those universities, this is the wrong place to ask.

I wish I could help, but I am a Left Coast guy, so I am not familiar with those 2.

Good luck on the search!

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Drexel is a much better school than rutgers, thats the first thing you should consider. I am applying to Drexel myself for PoliSci and their program looks awesome. If you do their co-op program you will be working and getting paid at great companies and still getting your credits, with no classes of course. A plus is most of the time after you do a co-op with a company they offer you a job right after you graduate.

wale

Go Kart Champion
I have never heard of Drexel University. Do some research to see which school offers better programs for what you are looking for. Are you planning to go to law school or any other post graduate programs? Is money an issue? Have you visited them both? If so which one did you like more?

Its a small private 2 year college in philly, very good for engineering and business, and i got into their business school. Yea i plan on going to graduate school, hopefully i get into 1 of the Ivys...lol
But money should not be much of an issue, and i will be visiting both this week, now that i have been accepted into both. Rutgers has the name, and people know it, but drexel has like the best co-op program in the country, and i see great opportunities with that as well...

wale

Go Kart Champion
Drexel is a much better school than rutgers, thats the first thing you should consider. I am applying to Drexel myself for PoliSci and their program looks awesome. If you do their co-op program you will be working and getting paid at great companies and still getting your credits, with no classes of course. A plus is most of the time after you do a co-op with a company they offer you a job right after you graduate.

thats soo true, i'm an economics major, but i also wana get a degree in political science.. i guess a double major is in my future...lol

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Drexel and Rutgers are both good schools, but I would say choose Drexel for their superior co op program. Oh, and I have to disagree with a poster above; Drexel does not have the best co op program in the country. I am an industrial engineering student at RIT on co op now and I would have to say RIT has the best co op's! Lol I guess there is no real way to decide who's program is the best, but everyone has to stick up for what they believe/invest their time in.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Drexel and Rutgers are both good schools, but I would say choose Drexel for their superior co op program. Oh, and I have to disagree with a poster above; Drexel does not have the best co op program in the country. I am an industrial engineering student at RIT on co op now and I would have to say RIT has the best co op's! Lol I guess there is no real way to decide who's program is the best, but everyone has to stick up for what they believe/invest their time in.
RIT and Drexel are the only 2 schools in the country with coop lol.

Both of those schools have good programs. My economics professor was 25 or 27, and he had his phd already in economics from Rutgers. They have a pretty hardcore econ program from what he told me. However Drexel is a good school as well. There are tons of books as well as online resources you can use to research which school will fufill your needs better. There are books that rank school based on their programs. Barons guide to colleges was very helpfull to me when making my decision.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.

wow, that's a very bold and inaccurate statement. granted i dont know anything about the programs at drexel and rutgers that the OP is trying to get into...but rutgers is a very respected school...probably "better" than drexel all around as well

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
RIT and Drexel are the only 2 schools in the country with coop lol.

coop in what?

I got into both Rutgers and Drexel. I ultimately chose neither of them because none of them offered Aerospace Engineering (that's why I chose Embry Riddle Aero. Univ). But had I been between the two it would have been tough. I have spent a good deal of time at both schools doing engineering camps/career days and such and I found that I liked both. Rutgers is a very big school, and to me that was both good and bad. I like the small school atmosphere better so that caused me to lean towards Drexel in that aspect. I also liked the city life experience that Drexel offered, but I'm not sure if I would want to deal with that everyday. I'm just glad I didn't have to make the decision between the two, it would have been difficult.