GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold start , shaky and lumpy take off

Jayhamad23

Hi all ! First post in this forum so I'm new to all this. Just purchased a Golf MK5 2007 model . On cold starts it seems to have a shaky start and rough idle , also if I put the car in drive while it's still cold and let it roll down the street car seems to feel real lumpy, like a flat tire feel ? Once it's warmed up that lumpy feeling goes away and all is fine ? Any suggestions from what it might be
Cheers !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asalterio1

Passed Driver's Ed
The secondary air pump will run on a cold start and will make more noise and vibrations. Do you have any CEL codes?

These are also known to have bad motor and trans mounts. if you grab the engine and shake it by hand...if it moves quite a bit back and forth, I would do mounts. We could used more info like is it DSG and how many miles on it??

These cars run a lower profile tire, and if you live in cold weather...the tires will "square" out when sitting, but will ride smooth once warmed up some. Also you may have a tire out of balance or a bad axle. Most likely tires.

Jayhamad23

Yes is DSG ! And it's done 120,000 Ks on it .
I haven't gotten any cel codes as of yet waiting for my mechanic so come past and take a look. I was thinking that lumpy feel was more of an whines issue because my tyres are pretty much brand new ? Feels like a roller coaster when it's cold and I just let it roll down the street . And the minute it's warm enough it's gone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk