GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilovers.

Jaffy

I'm Brown.
Car(s)
07' Jetta GLI
So I have done the research on coilovers and I'm still confused.

I bought a set of Koni/StaSiS Coilovers for my MKV R32 but then I got a bit iffy about it and was able to return them to the shop ordered from.

I have a spending limit of $1,500 for a set of coilovers. I'd like to have rebound/dampening adjustability, & height adjusting. I want to make the R 2" lower than stock. I do 3-4 track days a year.

Anyone here have suggestions on coils???

07Noside

Banned
cough an extra $100 and the KW V2's or Bilstein PSS10's. They sound perfect for your needs. They are all top of the line coilovers and won't dissapoint but that choice is down to you and any one with actual experience with these.

Jaffy

I'm Brown.
Car(s)
07' Jetta GLI
cough an extra $100 and the KW V2's or Bilstein PSS10's. They sound perfect for your needs. They are all top of the line coilovers and won't dissapoint but that choice is down to you and any one with actual experience with these.

how low do the PSS-10's go?

07Noside

Banned
^ thats pretty low to tuck on 18's. KW's get down there but you have to pull the rear helper. That guy is Ksports you can run them although someone like you looking to spend more money I figured you would like one of the top tier selections with a lifetime warranty. you could look at the FK silverline X plus coils they go low have height and dampening adjustability not sure about the performance aspect of them though.

Jaffy

I'm Brown.
Car(s)
07' Jetta GLI
^ thats pretty low to tuck on 18's. KW's get down there but you have to pull the rear helper. That guy is Ksports you can run them although someone like you looking to spend more money I figured you would like one of the top tier selections with a lifetime warranty. you could look at the FK silverline X plus coils they go low have height and dampening adjustability not sure about the performance aspect of them though.

looks like i'll be researching on k-sports as well.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
So I have done the research on coilovers and I'm still confused.

I have a spending limit of $1,500 for a set of coilovers. I'd like to have rebound/dampening adjustability, & height adjusting. I want to make the R 2" lower than stock. I do 3-4 track days a year.

Anyone here have suggestions on coils???

The R is already lower than GTI if your going to drop your car 2" you will have little to nothing left in shock travel and will need TON of spring-rate to keep it off the bump stops and allow it to ride and handle decent at best . Yes it will look good but for handling and comfort it will do poor IMO . Bob.G

p.s. the pss-10 will fit your needs for adjustment and cost and good qaulity with lifetime warranty but I would not slamm it if you want handling and comfort IMO.

Jaffy

I'm Brown.
Car(s)
07' Jetta GLI
The R is already lower than GTI if your going to drop your car 2" you will have little to nothing left in shock travel and will need TON of spring-rate to keep it off the bump stops and allow it to ride and handle decent at best . Yes it will look good but for handling and comfort it will do poor IMO . Bob.G

p.s. the pss-10 will fit your needs for adjustment and cost and good qaulity with lifetime warranty but I would not slamm it if you want handling and comfort IMO.

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it!

I was also looking into K-Sports and I heard you can raise and lower the shock bodies allowing the car to go low but still allow travel. What would be your input on this?

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it!

I was also looking into K-Sports and I heard you can raise and lower the shock bodies allowing the car to go low but still allow travel. What would be your input on this?
I have no first hand experince but the review Ive read have been postive. Maybe ask people that are using them what type of shock travel they have , it cant be more then maybe 1 1/2" and remember the more travel the more the shock has time to do its job with dampening and ride and vise versa the less the less time . Bob.G

p.s. the one thing I felt that was negitive with k-sport is the very little warranty

SimonSaysGTI

Ready to race!
My friend has had Ksports on his Sentra Vspec for a few months and loves them. The only thing he doesn't like is how long it takes to adjust dampening going through the 36 adjustments. I have read a lot of negative things, but hey have to take what you read with a grain of salt right?