GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilovers similar to Bilstein Sport shocks

Archie918

Passed Driver's Ed
Bilstein Sport/H&R Sport Springs seem to be the setup I'm looking for performance-wise, but I also want a height adjustable setup. Anyone have experience with coilovers that have similar performance to Bilstein Sport shocks?

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
Try PSS9's or 10's.

Yup. Good stuff right there...

Might I add that you could get Ground Control coilover sleeves (and springs of course) for a set of Bilstein Sport dampers if you don't need adjustable damping and want to save a bit of $. :thumbsup:

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
Those are good but cost more than I want to spend I may end up just getting the Bilstein Sports/H&R Super Sport springs

You can have your cake and eat it too!!!

Archie918

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not really sure how Ground Control setups work... I looked on their website and it seems that it's only compatible with stock or Koni shocks in the dropdown menu on there

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Dont get springs bro ul regret it

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
don't meant to thread jack, but Simmsled, is that site a good place to get stuff? i'm trying to grab a set of rear Bilstein sports for my air setup and they seem to have pretty good prices.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
In Europe the B14 is a common coilover for all of those who don't just want to slamm their car.
Good performance. It's similar to the B16, same springs, just without damper adjustment and
rear shock is not upside-down.

In this price range I'd go for this !!

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
don't meant to thread jack, but Simmsled, is that site a good place to get stuff? i'm trying to grab a set of rear Bilstein sports for my air setup and they seem to have pretty good prices.

ajusa and eshocks are usually the cheapest places to get Bilsteins. I have purchased at least a few sets from both. Nothing but good things to say about their prices and service.

Gab.B

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volks GTI 2007

Got mine here...
http://www.bilsteincanada.com/
All prices are CND plus fast and low shipping cost.
You should consider them a lot!

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
E Gads!!! Those prices, even Canadian, are terrible!

thanks for the feedback! i couldn't find the Sport shock for our cars on ajusa. sucks cuz they have a sale right now too.

might buy it from Essex even though the prices are higher, the difference is so small and i wouldn't have to drive down to pick them up and they're local to me