GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilover Sleeves/Ground Control

r09rojas

Car(s)
2009 White Golf GTI
Do they make andy coilover sleeves or does Ground Control make anything for my 09 gti? or does anyone make anything similar?:iono::help:

sbghms

Crubs fents brushes
Car(s)
09 CW rabbit
Ground control makes some but idk anything about them. I was looking into them a while back.

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
Not worth it, there are plenty of off the shelf coilovers that can achieve any goal you want them to.

What do you want out of the coilovers?

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
You should give rokkors a try i have them on my dub and its a daily and i go pretty low. The ride is really comfortable.

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
Koni's if you want to be low and ride nice

fk konigsport or silver line +X if you want to be slammed and ride nice.

If you don't want to be slammed but want handling k-sports.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Ground Control makes some very high quality stuff. I personally have their street no-compliance camber plate top mounts for my car.

The sleeves that they make will transform any shock (preferably Koni) into a coil-over. These are a slightly cheaper alternative to more expensive coil-over setups, but with the quality to match.
I have had fantastic customer service from them and very quick shipping/turn around times. Just my .02 cents.

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door
Agreed, lots of options.

Although I know many people highly regard koni yellows with GC sleeves, you should check out some of the other sets on the market.

If you were indeed thinking of the classic koni yellow combo, I'd look more towards the Koni Coilovers, H&R's (Street Pref. or Premium Pref.) , or KW's (V1's or HPA SHS's). These are all just over $1k, sometimes cheaper.
And they are quality brands that have warranties and excellent ride qualities.
I know lots of people are reporting great experiences with the rokkors/racelands/ST's (KW)/8380's and the countless other budget options - and i am no one to argue with those reviews - but I wouldn't spend my own money on them.
FK's and K-sports try to be a little more performance oriented, but it think my suggestions are your swiss-army knife offerings.

aw614

Ready to race!
Going to bump this, I already have koni yellows, but I am wondering about the ground control sleeves, is there any modification needed for the fronts? Like does the perch need to be cut off? Or do the sleeves just slide over like this picture I found in a BMW application?

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Comparing Rokkors to a GC Koni setup? Really?

Some of the best track suspensions for VW comes from GC. They can custom tune a setup to your needs, and they cover Mk5/6. Give them a call.

Those are Bilsteins up above BTW.

aw614

Ready to race!
Comparing Rokkors to a GC Koni setup? Really?

Some of the best track suspensions for VW comes from GC. They can custom tune a setup to your needs, and they cover Mk5/6. Give them a call.

Those are Bilsteins up above BTW.

ugh I feel dumb for posting that lol, I guess I was mostly looking for an example of how the perch looks like on the mk5/mk6 gti. I'll probably give them a call when I am ready, (Probably in another year...)

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Going to bump this, I already have koni yellows, but I am wondering about the ground control sleeves, is there any modification needed for the fronts? Like does the perch need to be cut off? Or do the sleeves just slide over like this picture I found in a BMW application?

Yep, should look and and work just like that.

I'm debating between DG springs and a conversion kit like this with some 250-300lbish springs. I'd basically be a little firmer than DG springs, but with height adjustability.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
A 250-300 range will work well and keep car from being crashy.

I'm building a new suspension for my car with DG springs, going with either Koni Yellows or the new Bilstein Mk6 B6 shocks.