GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB DSG tune

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey Ed, I’m running DSG map 2.0 on my GTI. I looked on your site and it’s up to v2.02. What changes have been made since 2.0?

Very slight changes to make the shifts even smoother. Nothing major.

— Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
Very slight changes to make the shifts even smoother. Nothing major.

— Ed

Good enough for me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
For those of you who have tried both Stratified's dsg tune and also Gen 2 EQT dsg tune, which is more eager to downshift with a little throttle? I like Stratified, and it is a lot more eager to downshift than stock, but sometimes wish it was a bit more aggressive.

Stratified's DSG tune in sport mode is quite aggressive.

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
I plan on picking this up sometime in the near future. I have a few things in mind I plan on picking up soon, but I'm trying to wait until November to see if Black Friday/Cyber Monday has any sales that I can score some of the stuff on and save a few bucks, mainly coilovers.

I remember reading somewhere a month or so ago that EQT would have some kind of sale in November. Am I wrong about that, can it be discussed here, or should I just dive in?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I plan on picking this up sometime in the near future. I have a few things in mind I plan on picking up soon, but I'm trying to wait until November to see if Black Friday/Cyber Monday has any sales that I can score some of the stuff on and save a few bucks, mainly coilovers.

I remember reading somewhere a month or so ago that EQT would have some kind of sale in November. Am I wrong about that, can it be discussed here, or should I just dive in?

We will have a big sale in November.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
For those of you who have tried both Stratified's dsg tune and also Gen 2 EQT dsg tune, which is more eager to downshift with a little throttle? I like Stratified, and it is a lot more eager to downshift than stock, but sometimes wish it was a bit more aggressive.

This wasn't something I logged when I had those tunes installed. I did log it with 034s tune which I assume would be similar in terms of input variables. Depending on which gears are in play, how much pedal input is given, and the engine speed, will determine when it shifts.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
I’m running v2.03 EQT DSG tune and it definitely feels smoother in the lower gears than 2.00. Less ambiguity when turning around a corner and wondering if 2nd or 3rd is gonna lock in. Good improvements

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Is it a $25 charge every time there's an update? Didn't the v2 just come out?

It's $25 anytime you choose to upgrade to whatever the latest version is. Anytime anyone wants to update their tune version, I have to go through the same process as when someone buys a tune. So the $25 is just barely covering my time to process the order. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I’m running v2.03 EQT DSG tune and it definitely feels smoother in the lower gears than 2.00. Less ambiguity when turning around a corner and wondering if 2nd or 3rd is gonna lock in. Good improvements

Glad you're enjoying the update. I always work on further refinement of my tunes when I have the opportunity. That doesn't mean that the previous tunes were bad in any way, but things can always be better ;)

-- Ed