GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

clutch pedal sticking, slave cylinder?

JhnR

Banned
i think if you know that there is def something wrong with it, take it to the dealer, and tell them they need to fix it.

if they say no, talk to some managers, it all comes to how good you can "talk", and they should fix it. :wink:

sloMk5

2007 GTI
I actually did talk to the manager. It's all in the records that I was having problems, but I guess it's their policy that if they can't replicate the problem they don't start taking stuff apart. I'm pretty sure they have to drop the trans to get to it, and I think they just don't want to do it unless they see something wrong.

It's been normal ever since going in to the dealer, so I guess I'll just see how it goes and if it starts acting up I'll just keep bugging them until they fix it. I'm definitely going to try and get it resolved before my warranty is up though.

If anyone else has had this fixed under warranty I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.

160hunter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Make sure the fluid is full. The pickup is at the top or the reservoir.

Tr!tan!um

Schnellen geher!
Car(s)
2008 GTI, white
My 08 pedal stuck on me when I stalled it at a light once. It stuck about half way and I ended up pulling it back out with my toe. Hasnt happened again, but it worried me.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
If the pedal is sticking, then you don't have enough pressure in the hydraulic system (slave cyl or mastercyl) to push the pedal back. If you're lucky, it's just air in the system and they can bleed it out + add more fluid

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
dealer called and said there was something broken on the mastercyl..
Total everything is going to be around $800 (parts, install, flush, etc). F*ck this better fix it.

Anyone know of a DIY?

rkwynia

Clutch pedal stuck to floor with limited movement

I have a 2008 Golf V 1.4 GT 170HP with a 6 speed gearbox. I love this car! But A month ago with 93,000 Km on it my clutch started to stick to the floor above 80 km/h. Unable to change gears on the freeway easily without pumping the clutch pedal many times. If you manually pull the pedal back up it does nothing. Pumping the pedal is the only thing that worked for me. Then suddenly the problem went away for like a week or so. You can drive around less than 80-100 km/h in the city with no problems at all and functions normally. Then it came from time to time over a period of 3 weeks. I changed the Master Cylinder and it seemed OK for a while again but never gave it a good test at high speeds. Then when the humidity came up and the temps became a bit cooler it started to stick again but at much lower speeds like 50-60 Km/h. Until one day I was stuck at a traffic light and couldn't get even 1st gear. Pump, pump, pump I got 1st and 2nd gear only. Had the slave cylinder changed and the problem is fixed. Works well so far as its only been 3 days since the job was done. I have driven maximum 120 km/h with it and all gears go in and out smooth. I do have a vibration or imbalance when the pedal is depressed slightly at around 50-60 km/h only. But that is another thread discussion I believe. I hope this helps everyone....will keep you all posted if things go to shit again :)