GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Clunk" she says...

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
.:R 32
I've noticed an odd clunk from the front of my .:R a few times now...sometimes, when I engage the gear, there is a significant clunk from up front. Other times it will happen much more subdued on a slow corner or from a stop. Are others getting a clunky diff like this? It doesn't bother me if it's the norm, but I wanna know if it's the norm.

Also, what is the buzzing/whirring you hear when you first open your door (prior to getting in)?

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux
I've noticed an odd clunk from the front of my .:R a few times now...sometimes, when I engage the gear, there is a significant clunk from up front. Other times it will happen much more subdued on a slow corner or from a stop. Are others getting a clunky diff like this? It doesn't bother me if it's the norm, but I wanna know if it's the norm.

Also, what is the buzzing/whirring you hear when you first open your door (prior to getting in)?

Fuel pump priming.

As for the clunk... I've heard it only in instances where I press/release the throttle pedal, and the dsg cant keep up. probably only heard it about 3 times in 2800 miles though. Show me what you're talking about and I can see if its what I'm thinking of :thumbsup:

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
.:R 32
Ahh...the old fuel pump priming maneuver...Jesus that must be a big pump...the 255 gph on my Jeep is quieter.

It could be this...the first time I heard it I thought it was a u-joint clunk...then realized it's a new car, and I probably don't even have u-joints. We'll see if it happens tonight.