GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climatronic In Canada?

Dejan33

Passed Driver's Ed
I asked this question before but I never got a definitive answer for us Canadians when it came to the Climatronic as an option on our GTIs, I know the current 2009s have it, but I am in most cases looking for a 2006-2007 GTI, my question being how the heck do I ensure I get Climatronic? Did it work the same way as it did in the states? If you have Leather you get Climatronic, if you dont get leather no climatronic? Whats the deal?

If you are a Canadian GTI owner what options do you have and do you have climatronic? :)

Thanks in advance!

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
it only came in the late 08s and the 09s

KaelGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I purchased my 2008 GTI in March 2008. It has the auto climate controls. There great. Just set and forget. Took a while to get used the controls auto adjusting themselves as the vehicle warmed up. I can check the build date on mine if you want. I also have leather and 18' rims.

smitty08

It's all about balance
Car(s)
2008 GTI 3 dr
MY 08 picked up in April with an Oct-Nov 07 build date. Climatronic present. I've never seen a Cdn GTI without it actually...thought it was "standard" here in Canada, along with heated seats and mirrors, CD changer, etc.

Although in MY 08 I think they removed TPMS and headlight washers to keep the price down. Two things I can do without quite frankly. No TPMS is nice when running winter wheels/tires! Sorry - got off topic.

moniz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Canadian MKV's have never had TPMS or headlight washers :)

No climatronic on the 06 or 07's either, not even an option.

About the headlight washers, not true. My buddy had an earlier 07 and he had headlight washers. Mine was a later 07 and did not have headlight washers. But yeah, climatronic wasn't even available on 06 and o7 models.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Headlight washers were removed in the second half of 07, IIRC.

TPMS, never had those in Canada. Doesn't seem to be popular in Canada, probably due to the cold temperatures and the warm temperatures, probably fucks with the TPMS.

As for the climatronic, 08s have it, and I think that's about it? Every other GTI that's not an 08, doesn't have the climatronic controls.

Skin88

Banned
Car(s)
09 Rabbit
hi

move to the states better options...

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
hi

move to the states better options...

Says the guy with a 2009 Rabbit which if bought in Canada could have had HID's and foglights with the Rabbit sport package. :wink: