GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climate control swap

LiloGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI 4 door
So I have a manual climate control and I want to look into switching it out to a electronic climate control. I can't find any info on this. I have no idea if it is possible. I hope it is. I know i would have to get a faceplate since it is different. My AC and heater are messed up. It takes a long time to heat up and to cool down plus it makes a weird squealing when it is on fan mode 1 2 and sometimes 3 but never 4. It gets worse when I turn. I know changing the climate control won't fix it.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
search maloosheck on vortex. He has a pretty detailed DIY. It is a VERY involved job. Be prepared to spend a lot of money to have it done.

Dash needs to be taken apart
Climatronic airbox needs to replace the standard airbox
Temp sensors
A/C controls
Some other things I'm definitely missing.

As for the squeaking: This means your blower motor either needs to be cleaned or replaced. Not very expensive, nor very difficult.

As for the temperature taking a long time to adjust: Heater core, A/C compressor (or simply recharging A/C), If your car is taking a long time to reach operating temps that could be the thermostat.

I was personally thinking about doing the climatronic conversion, but decided it's far too much work for little reward. Good luck.