SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Pure chaos!!

Wait, no.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
chromed grill might look cool if you do it right. i did the grill on my bug and i think it looks sweet.

wait how did you do your grill? with spray chrome paint? i was worried how that would turn out, i was actually planning to have mine vacuum plated (a process where aluminum is vaporized in a vacuum chamber and coats the plastic).

woops i forgot what the d in dsg stood for =P

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
if you must seriously do this, you can buy chrome in a can, try it out and see if you like it, then you can just sand it and paint it black again or anyother color if you change ur mind.

Eviloliv3

Ready to race!
damn... beat me to it

IMO i dont think the chrome grill will look right. one chrome piece in the middle with nothing else chrome supporting it will look out of place

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
fuel did you use primer? i kind of am skeptical of mailing my grill across the country to BC only to have it oxidize or peel.

vacuum plating is not the same as chrome plating because it is plastic. it does not have the same protective qualities, and would need to be waxed if i wanted to keep it looking spiff.

fuel, you inspired me to go out and get primer as well as chrome paint (only after calling up the company and making sure it would work). i'm really debating canceling the vacuum plating and writing up a DIY. i'm just real nervous about fucking it up =P

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
Fuel I'm not going to lie, i really don't like that grill. Not the chrome but just the actualy stock grill of the earlier bugs. You should get the front off of one of those new refreshed beatles.

this one:

Car(s)
2004 Ford Focus SVT
Hey, I was reading that you were going to black out your car... But now you want chrome honeycombs. Why not get black chrome honeycombs? It wouldn't be as flashy as chrome, but it'd look cool as shit.

Am I wrong?