GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Choosing a set of coilovers

YAYO

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Fahrenheit
Hey guys in the market for a decent set of coilovers and am in the price range of about 1300ish... Been looking at a few sets and would appreciate some help!

What I am looking for
1) good ride (had FK for a while and don't want that again :/)
2) possible low, some coils leave fender gap and I don't want that
3) good for tracking
4) overall good!

What sets have caught my attention
1) Koni
2) ksport
3) bilstein pss b14
4) ST
5) eibach

Any input and pics would be of great help!

Thanks,

freshslate

Constant
ok first of all ksport, and ST shouldn't be on the list if you're looking for ride quality. ST is the same as FK's.

Koni's are great riding coils, but don't go very low.

bilsteins are great coils and so are eibach. eibach ultralows will get you on the ground pretty much

mkvstEEzYGiRL

hahaha
ok first of all ksport, and ST shouldn't be on the list if you're looking for ride quality. ST is the same as FK's.

Koni's are great riding coils, but don't go very low.

bilsteins are great coils and so are eibach. eibach ultralows will get you on the ground pretty much

Holy misinformation.

ST's are rebranded KW V1's, they'll get you decently low. Lower than bilsteins and Koni's. Ride comfort and price aren't bad, considering they're KW's. There is no such thing as an eibach "ultralow". Not too familiar with the eibach pro-street coilover, but eibach has been known to be conservative drops. They will not "get you on the ground." However, H&R ultralow's, which aren't on the list, will get you pretty low, lower than ST's. And they're fairly comfortable and quality. That's probably what I'd recommend.

Last edited:

YAYO

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Fahrenheit
Do you have a link to the ultra lows? I'd love to look into the set! Thanks for all the information!

ehancock

Ready to race!
Ultra lows are extremely firm. There is nothing comfortable about them.

YAYO

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Fahrenheit
Also just to throw this out there I am not going to be adjusting the damping every weekend or at track events... would like something preset to a nice firm ride... I dont mind it being to hard just something that when I take a turn i will have a smile on my face because it was a great product!

I am leaning more and more into the pss b14... they are preset bilsteins and I have heard great things and for the money (1050.00) I am impressed but just not excited about having fender gap... My car is on air right now so I am used to slammage.

I am not looking to tuck tire but maybe rest it about right at tire height.

Once again, thanks for the help i REALLY appreciate it...

Ultra lows from H&R... are they truly a goof product?

SMRGTI

Reefur Madness
Car(s)
MKVGTI
I am leaning for H&R Ultra lows as well. Any additional mods needed to fix/reduce the camber?

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
I am leaning for H&R Ultra lows as well. Any additional mods needed to fix/reduce the camber?

An alignment shortly after they settle will be needed. I also got a suspension refresh kit to make everything nice and new. Its not needed but since your already there why not do it right the 1st time?

YAYO

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Fahrenheit
I am familiar with them but never heard of anyone running them on mk5

YBLEGL

Mr.Bodyman
Car(s)
08 GTI CW 4 Door
If you want ultra low and best ride B&G RS2 is the way to go hands down.

YAYO

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Fahrenheit
So pulled the trigger on some H&R ultra lows after all, got them installed and then remembered i did not install bumpstops... Should I have?

Greg,