GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check valve replacement issue

Red-Vader

Ready to race!
Recently i found 3 vacuum leaks.....vagcom dialed it out to be the check valve. Now the stock check valve has 4 hoses that join onto it. I ordered another replacement check valve and hose kit (because its all one unit) and it only came with 3 hoses attached to it. The dealer said thats its an updated part and i would need to block off one of the hoses, but wouldnt that make an engine light stay on???
Has anyone had to replace this? And if so, what hose gets a cap on it?

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Can you please elaborate on which check valve your talking about ?

Red-Vader

Ready to race!
its on the front of the engine............looking at it...........driver side..one of the hoses connects to the valve cover and another to the N-80 valve. the other 2 hoses conect different places.

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
the brake booster valve? black checkvalve with spider like connections?

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
yea thats your brake booster valve...mine is fucked aswell...ecs tuning sells em...if you call them they can find them for around 50$...just a quick question, how did you find that leak thru vagcom? i found out mine was busted because it leaks so much that its audible...but i didnt think it was possible to find that leak thru vagcom, what mess block?

Red-Vader

Ready to race!
i have a pic of the new part.......but im not sure how to upload it.......i can text to someones phone though.......its a revised oem factory part, pisses me off they dont make an exact replacement and im having trouble trying to figure out which vacuum line to cap off.....

Red-Vader

Ready to race!
my part broke at the exact same place, but the revised dealer part only has 3 hoses. Where do they go and what do i cap? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
glad to help