GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check engine light removal

Domcassar

Car(s)
2014 MK7 GTI
Hi, recently purchased a 2014 MK7 GTI, I was fiddling around in the engine bay and decided to unplug the diverter valve for extra dose noises, kept it unplugged and took it for a drive then threw a code, check engine light appeared then plugged it back in when I got home, the check engine light is still on after I took it for another drive with the plug back in the dv. I know I shouldn’t have done it but anyway, how do I get rid of this check engine light, don’t really wanna buy a obd scanner and whatnot so should I take it to my local supercheap auto who offer scanning and code removal services, or is there another way to get rid of this type of code? Obviously the car is in fine mechanical condition with only 60,000kms on the clock so I’m assuming this is the cause of the car throwing a code. Thanks

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Look around for a used OBDEleven. Since it seems you like to tweak and mod things you may find many uses for it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Go to Autozone or most any parts store and they will erase it for free. Also you can get a $15 OBD dongle for $15 on Amazon and use your phone with the Torque app so you can read and clear codes.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Let me guess, you watched that dumbass youtube video that suggests unplugging the sensor from the DV? We really should mass report that and have it taken down already.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Hahahahah how’d you know?
Just a hunch... the way that guy has argued in the comments and refused to take the video down because it was caught in YouTube's algorithms and made semi popular makes me sad.

Bcraig47

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI Autobahn
Oh dear another case of "guess what I saw on TikTok" it would be worth getting an OBD11 or scan tool especially if you own a vw lol. I have an OBD11 and I love it