GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Change of venue?

bwen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
Sure some people might fall for certain types of marketing, but others clearly won't. If anything all the commotion has helped people to decide what's right or wrong which is exactly what I use forums for myself (research and research some more before I buy anything).

:thumbup:

GolfMKV doesn't have any Australian sponsors so the answers to questions here are 'usually' unbiased. I understand to run a website you need funding and funding normally comes from advertisements and sponsors which I have no dramas about. Personally Justin if I were you, I would just let everyone run their course, let Ramspeed post what they want and let the members speak what they want. More threads = more posts = more clicks = more revenue? = better search engine optimisation so there will be a wider focus of members joining VWG.

Let VWG just chill out like GolfMKV and let people do what they do, moderators should only step in if personal insults, abuse and anything out of line is found rather than just bikkering between members. As triode mentioned earlier the UK forums seem to be much more lenient and generally negative comments are usually just disregarded.

If I were to go on a build thread on VWG that had like say 20 or so pages, made a huge comment about how that car has over priced wheels, not needed for the street. Brakes are overkill if you're not using them to race etc. I'm sure the thread starter and his/her posse would quickly jump in and speak their minds on why I am wrong.

nath_mkVI

Ready to race!
As I said to Jose I don't really care what Ramspeed do or don't do they sell some nice product as I bought my MTM wheels off them. What I do find completely unacceptable is the editing of my posts to change what they are responding to making me out as a fan boy and worse than that is the unblinding support offered as a financial backer of the forum.
You talk the talk Justin but you don't walk the walk posting private conversations et al on the public forum. Good luck to you and the forum you run just keep you bitterness to yourself and find some manners.

Justin Fox

Ready to race!
For the record I had no idea at all that Ramspeed edited your posts. Yes we give forum sponsors moderation abilities in their own trading rooms. In past situations this has led to deleted posts, but I have never ever heard of a sponsor editing a user's posts (which would suggest abuse of power).

A new thing for me to deal with, one which, as mentioned earlier, will be discussed in a few weeks when Jose gets back from a trip and I am 100% sure new rules will be enforced, which of-course will make for a better forum.

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Bwen brakes aren't over kill..
If you increase your power etc you should increase your braking, it might only be rotors or pads etc but still important. IMO
As for wheels, everyone is different and have different budgets, doesn't mean they aren't needed.
It's great to see so many different types of tuning styles, it's not so great when other take the piss and write them off.
At the end of the day we are all different and that is what makes this world so beautiful.

Booba

Ready to race!
Come on Girls, learn to get along already :)

bwen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
Bwen brakes aren't over kill..
If you increase your power etc you should increase your braking, it might only be rotors or pads etc but still important. IMO
As for wheels, everyone is different and have different budgets, doesn't mean they aren't needed.
It's great to see so many different types of tuning styles, it's not so great when other take the piss and write them off.
At the end of the day we are all different and that is what makes this world so beautiful.

I know exactly where you're coming from, but honestly how fast do you need to be going on public roads to need a full blown 6 pot big brake kit with slotted rotors? Wheels are the same also, people are paying thousands of dollars for super light weight racing wheels yet their cars never see the track anyway?

Just a personal opinion, I know you take your car off the public roads to get it's full use so don't think I'm basing these examples on yourself.

I used to take my EK9 type R civic out to track days and wave bye bye to guys in their stock $100k+ 'performance' cars as I'm passing them and that was built on a budget so I understand why parts need to be upgraded when you're using them to their full potential.

It just sort of annoys me as a person who works on their car in their backyard with minimal money and resources to develop this beautiful car (in their eyes) and compared to someone who has a bucket load of money drives their car into a workshop, drive home and then posts up photos online and then have hundreds of people praise how good their car is.

That's why I think we the 'forums' should be less moderated and opinions that are good and bad should be accepted rather than having people banned etc just for views that don't go down well with the majority.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I know exactly where you're coming from, but honestly how fast do you need to be going on public roads to need a full blown 6 pot big brake kit with slotted rotors? Wheels are the same also, people are paying thousands of dollars for super light weight racing wheels yet their cars never see the track anyway?

Just a personal opinion, I know you take your car off the public roads to get it's full use so don't think I'm basing these examples on yourself.

I used to take my EK9 type R civic out to track days and wave bye bye to guys in their stock $100k+ 'performance' cars as I'm passing them and that was built on a budget so I understand why parts need to be upgraded when you're using them to their full potential.

It just sort of annoys me as a person who works on their car in their backyard with minimal money and resources to develop this beautiful car (in their eyes) and compared to someone who has a bucket load of money drives their car into a workshop, drive home and then posts up photos online and then have hundreds of people praise how good their car is.

That's why I think we the 'forums' should be less moderated and opinions that are good and bad should be accepted rather than having people banned etc just for views that don't go down well with the majority.

Hear Hear...

Spin FX

GolfMKV is alive
Car(s)
GTI
Ask yourself this bwen. what do you care what other people are spending or doing with their cars?

Forums are for sharing information and knowledge. Meeting people with a common interest and social networking. buying and selling parts/cars.

Personally i encourage people to show what they have done with their cars to help me decide what i will do with my car and what my budget can afford. Remember in fast and furious ja rule says its not how you stand by your car it how you drive your car. exactly! Be proud of yourself and what you have achieved with what you got. People who spend big on their cars work for that money...and people who make big money trust me work their asses off for it or at least took huge risk to get there. People who own VW's are not hand out from rich uncle types and you know it.

I have modified two golfs in my time...first one i spent 20G on and i loved it. my current golf ive only spent 5G on and I really love it too. It has street presence, is tastefully modded, and does not breach VW warranty conditions which is what i want right now.

Don't be a hater be an appreciator.

peace all

Last edited:

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Ask yourself this bwen. what do you care what other people are spending or doing with their cars?

Forums are for sharing information and knowledge. Meeting people with a common interest and social networking. buying and selling parts/cars.

Personally i encourage people to show what they have done with their cars to help me decide what i will do with my car and what my budget can afford. Remember in fast and furious ja rule says its not how you stand by your car it how you drive your car. exactly! Be proud of yourself and what you have achieved with what you got. People who spend big on their cars work for that money...and people who make big money trust me work their asses off for it or at least took huge risk to get there. People who own VW's are not hand out from rich uncle types and you know it.

I have modified two golfs in my time...first one i spent 20G on and i loved it. my current golf ive only spent 5G on and I really love it too. It has street presence, is tastefully modded, and does not breach VW warranty conditions which is what i want right now.

peace all

Have to agree with spinFX,

Everyone is different with different budgets and are of different ages and in different stages of there life.
I myself work very hard and don't have the time or place and tools to do my own builds etc. Having said that, I love feedback on my builds and so do others, But I haven't put anything of my 2 last builds because of the rude comments and jealously.
If people were to give criticism without swearing and being racist and trying to belittle people then we wouldn't need to ban members or delete posts and threads etc.
everyone has an opinion, But we shouldn't force it onto people though..:thumbsup:
Moving forward..:happyanim:

Capercat

It's a chuck-about

peace all

FFS Johnno, why do you keep creating new user accounts on GolfMKV
In fact weren't you banned twice from Golf MKV...

Yes, your avatar was your first GTI with the votex lip taken at the Blue Mountains GTG/BBQ

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47046&highlight=GTG+blue+mountains&page=3(

Pull your head in :thumbdown:

Attachments

• GTI.JPG
    GTI.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 179

triode12

Go Kart Champion
AP - on which forum did you get criticism for your builds? Was it here on this forum?
I don't remember reading anything about your builds but did hear of your frustration through others and posts that you alluded to the problem.

Honestly, the more you take the things they say to heart, the more these people will do it to you (because you are just playing into their hands).

It is also part of the Aussie culture to cut down the tall poppy. If you post to show off your build (which is fine in itself), expect to be attacked for doing so by these people (it is par the course).

just my 2cents.

Spin FX

GolfMKV is alive
Car(s)
GTI
capercat...yeah thanks for pointing that out. spin fx was an account i used when my ex was stalking me as johno. the account was created in 2009 so pay attention to detail. You have no idea why i was banned and i requested it. and you have no idea what my life has been like the last 2 years so thanks for asking mate. by the way who said i'm trying to hide...i'm here to stay frog boy so deal