GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Centre console shutter repair help

badboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK V
Ive had a look and cant find any post but basically my centre console shutter jammed when i tried opening it so i gave it so extra effort and found a heap of black plastic strips that clip underneath have all come off. Does anyone know whats the best and easiest way to fix? I appreciate any suggestions help or links. :biggrin:

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
It happened to me a couple of years ago & you have to buy a replacement cupholder - they are not expensive (less than $100) and include the sliding door. That's the easy part. The installation is a total PITA because you have to remove the entire centre console to attach the cupholder by it's 2 screws at the base. See old thread. If you need instructions I can email you details.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39817&highlight=centre+roller+door

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
I have had this happen before, You snooze is right, it's a PITA, but not hard, just time consuming. Basically what has happened it the end or the drawer gets caught on the edge of the sleeve that it slides into, the black strips you found are the supports underneath the drawer to keep it rigid. I fixed mine and left it open only to have VW close it at a service now I can't open it again! So now I just drive around with it closed all the time, I just cant be arsed fixing it again!

obe353

Glad I stumbled across this!
I had the same issue, a friend pushed the roller door all the way back and snapped it :(
Good news is you can find these on ebay for $50 posted.

This guy sells them - http://stores.ebay.com/vehiclehome

Oh.. and if you are able to send me a copy of the removal guide it would be a massive help!

<-----myusername@gmail.com