GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL P0171 Please help

Leog1234567890

to inspect it, can i just pull it off the brake booster? is their enough flex or should I remove it with the attached nipple portion that it looks like it connects to?

You should just do a visual inspection if they are cracked you will be able to tell. They will also slide right off if the hose is broken at the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tedted

I would visually inspect, just pulling it off may break the plastic tubing. If you have Vcds you can use it a long with crab cleaner to find intake leaks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM3iarhSP68. 5.45 shows carb cleaner in use.

aww man dont even get me started on fuel trims lol... my LTFT is stuck at +20%. Local shop has done a pressure test, smoke test, replaced gaskets and they cannot figure it out. Ive been taking my car back every week for them to look at it and its at the point now where they are saying I should consider taking it somewhere else for a second opinion (even though it didnt happen until it was at theyre shop for a k04 install)

tedted

nope... that brake hose is fine. sprayed carb cleaner and checked fuel trims on vcds. ST bounces between +/- and the LT stays at 24%

ewellens

Evan
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV
My gti cel came on for a P0171 system to lean bank 1 I already checked for air leaks cleaned the maf sensor car runs fine doesn't idle funny no unusual noises under the hood can anyone help me diagnose the problem thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you mind telling me how you cleaned the MAF sensor ? Having same problem , no visible hose problems and car runs fine. But keep getting this pesky code.