GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catchcan Diy

tsigli

Ready to race!
i have a question to others with catch cans, could some of u be kind enough to make a easiest way to empy a catch can possibly a bsh vta can, mine doesnt have the drain plug at the bottom and i don't feel like taking the entire can out every time ... thanks

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
i have a question to others with catch cans, could some of u be kind enough to make a easiest way to empy a catch can possibly a bsh vta can, mine doesnt have the drain plug at the bottom and i don't feel like taking the entire can out every time ... thanks

I have the VTA can and i'm sure the easiest way is to drill a hole at a bottom to make a drain of some sort. I take out the can to drain it everytime, but because its VTA I really don't have to do it very often.

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
Pull it out and put a 3/8s double male brass fitting and get a single female cap. Drill a hole on the bottom, tap it, wrap it in teflon tape, screw in male fitting, screw on cap. Then when you need to drain it just unscrew the cap. Maybe 2 dollars at home depot and 5 minutes to install.

BTW a little bit of sealer on the male fitting after screwed it will help keep it from reversing when removing the cap.

ThumbThumbs

Banned
i have a competition catch can. and i have a vacuum pump. what i do is remove the dip stick. i then put the tube from the pump down the hole of the dip stick and suck out the garbage. Im sure you can do the same with a vta.....all you would have to do is remove the filter.

tsigli

Ready to race!
i'm sure this is helping a lot of people...if somone could make a FAQ and add a few write ups maybe pictures and did a quick write up that would be great since a lot of people are getting catch cans now...thumbs thumbs i'll try that out tommorow thanks

ThumbThumbs

Banned
i'm sure this is helping a lot of people...if somone could make a FAQ and add a few write ups maybe pictures and did a quick write up that would be great since a lot of people are getting catch cans now...thumbs thumbs i'll try that out tommorow thanks

Its great because u never have to remove the can or any of the hoses to empty it out. let me know how it works out for you.

alphabits

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GLI
Totally doing this tomorrow, lol.