GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

care packages?

ladringan320

Ready to race!
Car(s)
me?
If anyone would like to donate some things from their work or companies to us desert rats(sometimes snow rats depending on location and season), heres the adress^_^:

376 ELRS/POL
APO, AE 09353

Anything is fine, even if its... uhmm... scrunchies for women or something. They can be used for holding shampoo bottles together or something, i dunno...

Thanks for ya'll support and I cant wait till come home to my Kristina(2011 GIAC/AWE stage2 Gti),... my girlfriends name is Christina too, and i guess i cant wait wait to see her too...

DarkCloak

Banned
Best thing to send in care packages is super high end coffee as it totally blows away some cheapo Folgers. We used to love getting these. It sounds simple but Really Good Coffee would always be the most popular item.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Best thing to send in care packages is super high end coffee as it totally blows away some cheapo Folgers. We used to love getting these. It sounds simple but Really Good Coffee would always be the most popular item.

Completely agreed, after 10+ years of war the mail system is pretty decent so we get toiletries (Razors, tooth paste, etc) pretty easy but coffee....that is a little piece of heaven. I just got a package from my wife a couple weeks ago with three bags of whole bean starbucks... that stuff is like crack :D

that address is showing as wiesbaden germany. would these packages get forwarded to the desert?

The APO, AE 09353 shows up as Germany because it's an AE or Army Europe APO. That is what we in Afghanistan fall under. But the 376 ELRS/POL
APO, AE 09353 shows up as Manas Kyrgyzstan. Manas is not "the sand box" people don't shoot at you in Manas.

JP

Last edited:

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
oh ok. google search isnt to accurate then.:)

is there a rule about sending liquids? maybe shower gel might be considered a liquid? im in qatar now. i got everything i need. maybe someday i wll go on a real deployment. i will see what i can do to put something together for ladringan320.

No I'ts accurate, I looked it up too and I think our mail is routed through there but all the AE APOs go through europe or at least are listed as europe I think. Liquids are fine we get shower jell, shampoo, shaving cream, etc just fine. No alcohol or products with alcohol can get through though like listerine Drugstore.com wouldn't send it to me here. Oh well.

JP

ladringan320

Ready to race!
Car(s)
me?
Completely agreed, after 10+ years of war the mail system is pretty decent so we get toiletries (Razors, tooth paste, etc) pretty easy but coffee....that is a little piece of heaven. I just got a package from my wife a couple weeks ago with three bags of whole bean starbucks... that stuff is like crack :D

The APO, AE 09353 shows up as Germany because it's an AE or Army Europe APO. That is what we in Afghanistan fall under. But the 376 ELRS/POL
APO, AE 09353 shows up as Manas Kyrgyzstan. Manas is not "the sand box" people don't shoot at you in Manas.

JP

Lol, we dont get shot at, but our mission here is one of the most important... Gettin ya'll to and from, and getting you guys home after^_~ etc etc etc This place sucks but im making money. ^_^.

Thanks for all the support ya'll, and pretty much anything can be sent here... no weapons though... or pron...

And Qatar isnt bad. Ide rather be there than here...

HatchFanatic06

Ready to race!
You guys need to get in on that mystery can challenge. Request a box of unlabeled can goods and everyone picks a can and has to eat what it contains (only stuff safe for consumption is allowed, naturally.) Its how we pass our time while at Bagram.

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Manas Kyrgyzstan.. Stopped there On the way to and from Afghan. Real food, rec centers, stores, Ect. I'd rather be there then in Afghanistan any day. Back on topic, Care packages make all the difference when youve been there for 5 months with almost nothing. My wife sent me one every other week. It always brought a smile to my face. Got a few random
Ones too, made me smile too. It just felt nice to know people back home support you. I'm
Usmc 4 years down 1 to go.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
You guys need to get in on that mystery can challenge. Request a box of unlabeled can goods and everyone picks a can and has to eat what it contains (only stuff safe for consumption is allowed, naturally.) Its how we pass our time while at Bagram.

That sounds Hilarious! :lol: I have never tried that, do you tell people to send the cans unmarked?

Manas Kyrgyzstan.. Stopped there On the way to and from Afghan. Real food, rec centers, stores, Ect. I'd rather be there then in Afghanistan any day.

Dont forget beer! :drool: Two beers a day makes Manas freakin heaven compared to AFG. Hell if I could get two beers a day in Afghanistan I'd have way better morale.

JP

DarkCloak

Banned
The worst ones are the ones that come from I'm guessing old church ladies because they send you magazines like Better Homes and Garden or Southern Living. I have also seen the COndensed Milk in one before.
Really??? WTF???
Perfect for the 18-35yo male demographic that comprieses like 80-90% of the military population.

Another thing you can send is car magazines, and bodybuilding supplements, along with coffee.