GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbonio intake CBFA HELP

mfdave

Passed Driver's Ed
I had VWR springs + carbonio intake installed. I ordered the CBFA carbonio intake during the sale last month and they put it aside for me. When I arrived last week the shop told me that they accidentally sold my Carbonio. To my surprise, they had installed a used Carbonio in my car already and offered to give me 100 bucks off. I agreed with their deal (although I was a little annoyed). I wasn't really paying attention apparently, because today when I popped my hood I noticed that they might not have installed the secondary air filter for my CBFA engine. My question is this:

If this filter isn't installed, is it harmful to my car to be driving around?

I will be calling the shop this Monday and would like to approach them a little more informed...

As always, any and all advice is appreciated.

dave

edit - i'm an idiot I just noticed they ziptied the filter to the bottom of the battery... note to self, check the engine bay during daylight hours...

Last edited:

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
So they left the hose wide open? Of course it is harmful because you will suck dirt and whatever else is floating around in there. It only runs on a cold start up but I would take care of that ASAP if it was my car........

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Yeah that's crazy. I hope it wasn't done on purpose but even if that's the case it's still bad. Like I said it only runs on cold starts so just get it taken care of as soon as you can.

mfdave

Passed Driver's Ed
Actually, it appears as if they removed the hose? I see a connector that looks like a hose used to be attached to. Where does this hose connect to? I see CBFA labeling on the left side of my engine so I know I have a secondary air intake...

mfdave

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, BTW - thanks for the quick responses.

take care dude.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
I'm not really sure. I just put the filter on the end of the hose in case I ever wanted to put the stock air box back on. I'll have to take a look in the morning and I'll get back to you. Your definitely cbfa in California.......