GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CarboniNOPE

themike

Ready to race!
I've been waiting paitently for the Carbonio to be in stock over at NA Motorsports - as it's said "7/1/10" for almost 2 months now. Well today is the day and now it says "8/1/10".

Is aircraft grade carbon fiber only indigenous to certain regions of the world and hard to cultivate or something? :cry:

Anyone have any stories of having to wait for something to come in stock?

zombievore

Ready to race!
I ordered a TSI Carbonio intake directly from APR about a month ago and was told they received a shipment last week and would be shipping them out to customers. That didn't happen however. Today I went to get Stage 1 and the guys at the shop said they could get me a Carbonio intake so I canceled my order with APR and I'll hopefully be picking up the Carbonio tomorrow.

I don't know what's up with these intakes being backordered everywhere.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
APR is main distributor for Carbonio, so they might not stock them all the time???

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
Its not NAM's fault.. I don't think APR keeps a large enough stock of them to send right out, and I have a feeling that Carbonio is a small company, so they can't send them out by the truckload. Its a good intake, just wait it out

themike

Ready to race!
Yeah I am in no way.shape or form blaming APR or NAMO - I love these companies and support them util the end. Obviously if they had them they would send them out so my guess is that its hard for Carbonio to produce enough products to keep up with the demand which stinks.

Carbonio

Passed Driver's Ed
Instead of guesses and assumptions here it is from the horse's mouth. In very short order sales went up more than 4X on the TSI product. This was mainly due to extensive testing that showed unbelievable gains from the product. Test after test re-affirmed these results so when the APR marketing machine got to work it well outran production. In fairly short order we doubled production and are currently approaching a 4X increase in manufacturing with continued plans to make even more as new complimentary products are released (hint, hint).

Yes people have had to wait and that is never fun. The fact is that the increases we have achieved in production were more than what we thought possible and are totally unheard of in the world of composite manufacture. Carbon fiber requires a lot of steps to produce and it is very labor intensive. The labor is skilled and you just cannot turn on the taps and make more on a moments notice.

One other detail is that APR is the exclusive distributor of these products for VW/Audi cars. They are taking as much as can be produced so there is not a stock issue on their end. I hope this clears things up for people and we appologize to those who have to wait. I'm sure those with the product will agree that it is worth the wait.

themike

Ready to race!
Instead of guesses and assumptions here it is from the horse's mouth. In very short order sales went up more than 4X on the TSI product. This was mainly due to extensive testing that showed unbelievable gains from the product. Test after test re-affirmed these results so when the APR marketing machine got to work it well outran production. In fairly short order we doubled production and are currently approaching a 4X increase in manufacturing with continued plans to make even more as new complimentary products are released (hint, hint).

Yes people have had to wait and that is never fun. The fact is that the increases we have achieved in production were more than what we thought possible and are totally unheard of in the world of composite manufacture. Carbon fiber requires a lot of steps to produce and it is very labor intensive. The labor is skilled and you just cannot turn on the taps and make more on a moments notice.

One other detail is that APR is the exclusive distributor of these products for VW/Audi cars. They are taking as much as can be produced so there is not a stock issue on their end. I hope this clears things up for people and we appologize to those who have to wait. I'm sure those with the product will agree that it is worth the wait.

Thats great - thanks for clearing it up for us.
I hope you didn't take my post as a negative or attacking you in any way - I just am really excited to work with your intake + stage 2 pipe. :wub:

Carbonio

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope no negativity at all. We just like to clear things up when we can as unfounded rumors can make a mess of things. Enjoy the product when you get it.

themike

Ready to race!
Nope no negativity at all. We just like to clear things up when we can as unfounded rumors can make a mess of things. Enjoy the product when you get it.

Sounds good - it would be awesome you if you guys were able to hang around the forum more, its great having people in the industry to chat it up with :thumbsup:

ThumbThumbs

Banned
Is aircraft grade carbon fiber only indigenous to certain regions of the world and hard to cultivate or something? :cry:

It's not there fault really. Apr is trying to obtain more but the blue kitteh's keep stoping them.

Carbonio

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds good - it would be awesome you if you guys were able to hang around the forum more, its great having people in the industry to chat it up with :thumbsup:

APR is the sole distributor of the product and it is manufactured in colaboration with them. For this reason we are really in the background as APR handles most concerns and does so rather well. Every once in a while however we do poke our noses here and offer some feedback where we can.