GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
also the 2.0t/6mt/brembro ATS has quicker steering ratio than the 2.5 rental car model you probably had maxballs, not to mention stiffer suspension all around for a lot more feedback

Well I would be surprised about the steering wheel lock to lock differences.

My car had brembros (which i loved)

Mine had "sport suspension" listed on the window sticker. It was actually one of the best parts about the car. Just firm enough to be sporty but not beating you up. It rode much firmer than the base F30 328i.

Honestly, the 2.5 ATS is a perfect daily car, really sporty suspension, runs on regular, gets high 20s MPG has amazing brakes.

But that transmission/engine is boring as hell.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Oh wow. No wonder she's "fiancee" status.

In4swap.

:word:

drives manual and doesn't require heated seats?

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI

Mine had "sport suspension" listed on the window sticker. It was actually one of the best parts about the car. Just firm enough to be sporty but not beating you up. It rode much firmer than the base F30 328i.

Honestly, the 2.5 ATS is a perfect daily car, really sporty suspension, runs on regular, gets high 20s MPG has amazing brakes.

The 2.0T 6MT gets that "sport suspension" as standard, and yes the rack is a quicker ratio. It'll also run on regular and get mid 20's.

It's an outstanding car. I do really like mine, it's just not practical enough to be a daily and not sporty enough to be a sports car. It's a great commuter, doe.

:word:

drives manual and doesn't require heated seats?

At least mine drives manual. But she loves heated errthang.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

ATS is pretty baller. The only reason I didn't buy one 2 years ago is the MSRP was insane and there weren't any $20k used ones available.

It might be 700 lbs more than an FRS, but it's exactly 50/50 instead of 55/45 so it only has 200 lbs more on the nose - that's why the steering feel is pretty damn close.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I just checked...

Both are 3.16 lock to lock. At least from what I could find... The only difference between a 2.0T and the 2.5 is the engine and LSD. That's it.

You're so hung up on this weight distribution thing. A mini is 60% up front and it still handles tons better than an ATS.

ATS is a great car for what it is... but it isn't a car built for auto X etc and it shows.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I just checked...

Both are 3.16 lock to lock. At least from what I could find... The only difference between a 2.0T and the 2.5 is the engine and LSD. That's it.

You're so hung up on this weight distribution thing. A mini is 60% up front and it still handles tons better than an ATS.

ATS is a great car for what it is... but it isn't a car built for auto X etc and it shows.

I'm hung up on weight distribution because it makes a big difference in feel.

Yes, you can engineer a FWD car with the engine out in front of the front wheels and 65% weight on the front tires such that it can rip around a course pretty fast - but it will never feel the same as a balanced RWD car.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Yes, you can engineer a FWD car with the engine out in front of the front wheels and 65% weight on the front tires such that it can rip around a course pretty fast - but it will never feel the same as a balanced RWD car.

Well then I am just surprised that you don't prefer BMWs.

An E90 sedan has a perfect 50/50 weight distribution. A high revving V8 and 420hp+ LSD if you dick around long enough you can likely find one for the mid 30s. And since you don't' care about miles with 70-90k miles/farts they are in the mid 20s.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
oh shit.

http://wot.motortrend.com/1502_lotu...id=568114102448467968&adbpl=tw&adbpr=25383000

LOTUS is making something good instead of 5 hideous heavy automatic concept cars that will never see production - and it's coming back to North America.

fuck that GT4, I'll take the new Lotus.

Yea, this thing is/will be brilliant. I love the current/old one.

Where can you get that car? I have never seen one in real life but glad to see they finally put a motor in it.

Huh? The Evora has had a supercharged 3.5 Toyota V6 since it was first produced. Same engine, different tuning from what I can tell. The Evora is an outstanding car, and I have no idea why people buy 911's when you could have that instead.

Dis.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Well then I am just surprised that you don't prefer BMWs.

An E90 sedan has a perfect 50/50 weight distribution. A high revving V8 and 420hp+ LSD if you dick around long enough you can likely find one for the mid 30s. And since you don't' care about miles with 70-90k miles/farts they are in the mid 20s.

Out of budget, otherwise E90 M3 is indeed the perfect daily driver.

I am actually thinking of the RX8 as the cheap-ass little brother to that car.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
oh shit.

http://wot.motortrend.com/1502_lotu...id=568114102448467968&adbpl=tw&adbpr=25383000

LOTUS is making something good instead of 5 hideous heavy automatic concept cars that will never see production - and it's coming back to North America.

fuck that GT4, I'll take the new Lotus.

I was gonna link that to you earlier today. Thats a great balanced car. Read up on the reviews. IN the UK its considered the best sports chassis avail. Love the 400 Evora. Well done Lotus!