GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

thaseint

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Love these sorts of picture intense build threads.

Regarding the side skirts, I highly recommend picking up the MK7.5R skirts, they are the same as the Clubsport skirts. They are very different from the standard GTI skirts in that they don't curve like the stock GTI ones but rather angle down. Once I noticed that detail I knew that having painted standard skirts with the Clubsport diffuser would probably drive me crazy.

They are pricey but look way better, e-ACCA has them for ~$750 shipped. If you factor in having your stock skirts painted (~$250), it's not a horrible deal especially when they will match the Clubsport diffuser much better.

5G0853855B041
5G0853856B041

Navi

Autocross Champion

Regarding the side skirts, I highly recommend picking up the MK7.5R skirts, they are the same as the Clubsport skirts. They are very different from the standard GTI skirts in that they don't curve like the stock GTI ones but rather angle down. Once I noticed that detail I knew that having painted standard skirts with the Clubsport diffuser would probably drive me crazy.

They are pricey but look way better, e-ACCA has them for ~$750 shipped. If you factor in having your stock skirts painted (~$250), it's not a horrible deal especially when they will match the Clubsport diffuser much better.

5G0853855B041
5G0853856B041

Thanks. I check then out. Sounds good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
No crazy mod today

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

5G0853855B041
5G0853856B041
Do you have photos of these sideskirts?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
I'll be doing an oil change soon (first one I'll be doing myself). Can you suggest good additives, if any?

It's pretty easy to do an oil change yourself. Watch a couple of the DIY on youtube. I find the biggest thing is trying not to make a mess. I've done at least 50 oil changes between past cars and my parents cars... somehow I always get some oil on the driveway. Honestly, I'm not sure additives are required. This is actually the first oil change I'm doing with additives. I don't know if it will make a difference or not but I've read good things about the additives I pictures. Check FCP website. They recommend them, but not necessary. Maybe only a good fuel injector cleaner at the same time as the oil change, but even that most people do not do.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Very cool build man, love that you have pics of everything.

Btw any reason you're not a fan of JR14? Seemed like a random detail amidst a sea of cool pics lol

Met him a couple times. Not a fan of his antics or how he acts. I don't want to really get into it really because he seems like a nice guy that means well, but quite immature in my opinion. If I was still in high school I would probably like him, but that was a decade ago.

Navi

Autocross Champion
well car seems to be running smoother, but that could just be fresh oil. I will say that the oil was SUPER black when I drained it after the engine flush though. I religiously change the oil every 5k miles and it has never been this black and my driving habits and locations have not changed either, so at least I know the engine flush works. Not sure about the Ceratec. Idle seems better but I also regapped my spark plugs. They weren't really out of spec though.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
well car seems to be running smoother, but that could just be fresh oil. I will say that the oil was SUPER black when I drained it after the engine flush though. I religiously change the oil every 5k miles and it has never been this black and my driving habits and locations have not changed either, so at least I know the engine flush works. Not sure about the Ceratec. Idle seems better but I also regapped my spark plugs. They weren't really out of spec though.
So you run engine flush before the oil change? Do you run the engine flush for a full tank?

Navi

Autocross Champion
Also got a front lip. I really didn't like the GTI front bumper much. It is nice but I wanted something a little more aggressive. Got the Golf R bumper a while back and was happy for a bit but then when I got the clubsport S rear diffuser the back seems way more aggressive than the front and also a little lower. So I finally got a front lip. Rieger front lip. Really like the shape of it and the finish but not sure I'd recommend it for the price. It's really thin and I am pretty sure it would be destroyed from the slightest hit. Hopefully it lasts for awhile if I am careful??? Also added the Oettinger rear spoiler. Love it. High quality, perfect fitment and it really changes the look of the car. One of my more favorite mods.