GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

C-Pillar rattle

Nikerey

Darkness
Any new information on that stupid rattle? It's starting to drive me nuts...

Its the one in the rear passenger seat pillar... I think I've heard people call it the C-Pillar

If its right by the rear seat, where the hatch is, then that would be the C pillar. Just remember the windshield is the A pillar, door is B, and rear hatch would be C.

I think I read on here it was the bearing to the seat belt.

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
If its right by the rear seat, where the hatch is, then that would be the C pillar. Just remember the windshield is the A pillar, door is B, and rear hatch would be C.

THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup:

I had no idea what pillars were where and did not want to have to ask.

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
still have it. i need to find time to take it to the dealer to hear it themselves. as for now i ride with the back seats down.

mike1947

Old Man
Rear passenger seat area rattle.

There are a couple possibilities: make sure the seat belt buckle isn't loose and knocking around; and make sure the seat back is locked in it's latch securely. Believe it or not the padded panel below the window might be flexing a bit and causing a sound too. I attacked the whole area with silicone spray (the kind that's safe for plastic and vinyl). Spray it on the following: in the the seat back latch mechanism and between the padded panel below the window and the body. Then buckle the seat belt to keep it from moving. Mine is nice and quiet now. While you'r at it, spray the dash vents (left, center front (top too around the edges) and right side.

Last edited:

mike1947

Old Man
Rattles/vibrations and silicone spray

I got the spray at an Orchard Supply Store (OSH). It is one that is specifically formulated to work with plastic and vinyl. Some of these rattles need a lot of effort to eliminate. Good Luck.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny