GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH Stage 2 PCV + Stock Airbox = Not working

Midnight00SE

Mr. Othy
Did anyone else run into problems with the BSH kit running a stock airbox? The kit I was supplied has the ports that come straight out from the manifold, rather than the 90 degree ones I had previously seen. I've tried running the hoses in between the intake manifold and engine block, but to no avail. Every time either the hoses won't fit the right way or will kink coming out of the manifold trying to hide them.

Midnight00SE

Mr. Othy
Any pictures of how you are trying to install/route the hoses?

Nope, took the whole setup off because I need the car and can't let it sit. Imagine running the lines from where they come off the ports on the block off plate, down in between the area above the manifold and block, over to the catch can.

petsy

Go Kart Champion
Get in touch with BSH and tell them you got the wrong fittings and I'm sure they'll sort you out.

piston

Options
The non-angled plate connectors are the right ones.

It's tricky getting the hoses under the stock air box/cover but it can be done.
My two hoses are routed in front of the front left engine cover mounting post.
I had to wiggle the hoses around until they fit.
Not looking forward to doing this each time I take the engine cover off but it would be no different using the angled 90 degree connectors because there's not enough room to route the hoses behind the mounting post area.
I could only get enough room in front of the front left mounting post.

Basically the two hoses are routing straight toward the front then take a turn right around the left side mounting post.

Edrock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
mine fit under the engine cover, but its a pain in the ass. just make sure they dont get in the way of where the grommets sit down on. and also give urself enough of the slack on the tubing

piston

Options
I took my engine cover off and didn't even move the hoses so they stayed in place.
So, this is how I have it routed and the engine cover went right back on with no nudging of the hoses this time.

btw:
The BSH cap fits on the 42DD boost tap with no issues.
You just need to push the cap on all the way so the end rubber seal is up against the boost tap then tighten it.

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
Go to any autoparts store and find the heater hose section. Grab a couple 90 degree heater hose elbows hose clamps. Should only cost you a few bucks and it will allow you to run the hoses with a lot more flexibility.

piston

Options
Go to any autoparts store and find the heater hose section. Grab a couple 90 degree heater hose elbows hose clamps. Should only cost you a few bucks and it will allow you to run the hoses with a lot more flexibility.

Well, if you looks at my hose routing, the bends are smooth & no kinks with the HW provided with the kit.

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
Well, if you looks at my hose routing, the bends are smooth & no kinks with the HW provided with the kit.

It looks like your heater hose lines are rubbing against your fuel lines. I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

I'm not saying you can't do it your way, but that little 90 degree bend makes it much easier and adds a lot of options in how you route the hose.

Last edited:

piston

Options
It looks like your heater hose lines are rubbing against your fuel lines. I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

I'm not saying you can't do it your way, but that little 90 degree bend makes it much easier and adds a lot of options in how you route the hose.
I took a the engine cover and the fuel line is below the catch can hoses.
No where near touching the fuel line since the fuel line is below the front of the intake manifold.
The fuel lines are a good inch below the hoses.

Also, with a 90 degree bend fitting, you can't clear the hoses on the other side of the engine cover mounting post(at least I couldn't due to the engine cover has a hump on that side).
So, I'm not sure what a 90 degree fitting will accomplish.
The hoses need to go in front of the mounting post.

If you're talking about cutting the hose further down the line and inserting a 90 degree fitting, then that's a different story.

Last edited:

scott1971

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI
I've had the same problems. I decided to just buy an intake and get rid of the airbox. The stock airbox looks nice, but when you want to get to anything on your car, it just gets in the way.

Midnight00SE

Mr. Othy
I took my engine cover off and didn't even move the hoses so they stayed in place.
So, this is how I have it routed and the engine cover went right back on with no nudging of the hoses this time.

btw:
The BSH cap fits on the 42DD boost tap with no issues.
You just need to push the cap on all the way so the end rubber seal is up against the boost tap then tighten it.

So in your first picture, that's how I routed the hoses. But when I went to put the intake back on, the hoses became pinched. To me, this is something that should be taken care of the right way when paying almost $300 for a part. Also, the block off that comes with the kit to plug the port on the intake manifold fits there perfectly, but won't fit on top of the BSH boost tap I bought. I'm just a little fed up that I've invested this money almost a month ago at H2O and have yet to get either project finished because of a lack of help from BSH. Before anyone says, "Get in contact with Phil," I've done that route and yet to get much help. Sorry, Phil, to bring it out here in the open, but I'm just posting my experience. Soon it'll be me sending back the BSH kit to NA Motorsports and picking up a Eurojet can if this doesn't get fixed soon.