GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH mounts for the 2.5 review

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Gonna be writing small check in reviews for the next few months on these mounts.
First off I will say we used the trimmed 2 hole trans mount idea since i don't have the GTI style trans mount, I'll probably be snagging up an oem replacement or having something milled to get that looking a little nicer. Second I have yet to personally drive the car so my first review will be based off of what my dad has told me about them while driving the car up from Texas. He has no honest cabin vibration to compare against but if a 59 year old man says he doesn't notice the cabin vibrations I'm inclined to believe they aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I'll be driving the car tomorrow so I will be continuing on this review. Just figured I'd put it out there that my old man can handle driving from El Paso, Texas to just north of Seattle on fresh out the box mounts and when I asked about cabin vibrations he said there weren't any he could notice. So thumbs up so far BSH

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Drove the car for the first time today. Engine vibrations are mildly more noticeable but its not a big deal. Between the mounts and the LSD the car is super planted. Rips pretty decent but I haven't really flogged on it yet. Feeling the beast out and checking over the work that was performed on it first. At least I have the car in my hands so I don't have to deal with other people working on it.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
After the end of day 1 I'm pretty impressed. I've been driving an 08 WRX so fwd is being a major buzzkill. Its damp and cold out so I spin tires if I even get near peak boost. Its just weird spinning tires all over without wheelhop. The only giveaway wheels are spinning is the speedo saying 50 when you're barely moving
Sent from my HTC Evo 4G Shift using Tapatalk

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door
After the end of day 1 I'm pretty impressed. I've been driving an 08 WRX so fwd is being a major buzzkill. Its damp and cold out so I spin tires if I even get near peak boost. Its just weird spinning tires all over without wheelhop. The only giveaway wheels are spinning is the speedo saying 50 when you're barely moving

Haha, i just watch the tach.

It's nice actually being able to let it spin through then catch traction. wheel hop sucked.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

STR8SHOOTR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI FSI
I did the motor mount upgrade and I love them. I also was afraid of the vibration and only went stage 1. When I replace the bushings n the mounts I will go stage 2 this time.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I have the Quaife LSD as well so there wasn't really any hop before, stock 2.5 mounts weren't holding up too well so thats why I got the BSH mounts. But yeah no traction to be found around Seattle this time of year unless you have AWD. My tires are pretty shot though.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Ok so a little over 2 and a half k on the mounts. Obviously the shop in Texas didn't properly torque my trans mount as I am currently stranded in a parking lot waiting for a tow truck so I can find parts and fix it in the morning or monday. Nobody else is ever working on my car again. I can say that much.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
If anyone has the specs on the bolts for the mkv gti/2.5 trans mount post em up

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Once I got the battery out of the way I noticed the shop had litterally half bolted the BSH mount to my 07 and prior 2 bolt mount without trimming it. So I bought an angle grinder and corrected this problem. Last time anyone else ever does work on the turbo rabbit. I'm done getting dicked around. Kinda embarrassing considering I once worked for the shop but got stuck leaving my car there waiting on parts. None the less car is all back together. I'll post pics of how to mod the pre 2008 mounts to work on here because it really is just a few minutes with a grinder to get it right. I'll be switching to the updated mount in the near future unless it doesn't fit.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit

What I found waiting for me

Unmodified OA4 I used to adapt o2j-b to my car

Trimmed to fit
Works perfect so far but I'll be trying some other solutions