GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH Block off - leaking

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
Hey guys,

I recently purchased the BSH block off plate and had it installed. Car feels better now. But for some reason it seems to be spewing oil below the plate.:iono: Any of you guys had this issue?

I've taken it off, cleaned it and made sure the orange rubber type gasket wasn't torn or split and it seems perfectly fine to me. :frown: Put it back in, made sure it was fairly tight. Also do i need to take out that check valve at the back if i do this mod? Has a putter sound in the CAI now.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
You're over tightening it.

The plate is supposed to sit flush to the gasket... Not to the valve cover. There should be a consistent 1 fingernail gap along the entire edge.

What happens as your over tighten it, the plastic valve cover warps and throws the gasket to PCV block off out of whack.

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
Yeah i probably over tightened it a bit then. I take it its ok to put some loctite there? Dont want those screws coming loose with vibrations.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
You're screwing into plastic... If you over tightened the screws too much you might not have threads anymore.

You don't need it to be tight.... I'm pretty sure the torque specs are like 15 INCH/ lbs.

If you stripped the screw holes you will have to buy some larger screws from Home Depot and don't do the same thing again.

There's a DIY on here telling you which screws to get.

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
You're screwing into plastic... If you over tightened the screws too much you might not have threads anymore.

You don't need it to be tight.... I'm pretty sure the torque specs are like 15 INCH/ lbs.

If you stripped the screw holes you will have to buy some larger screws from Home Depot and don't do the same thing again.

There's a DIY on here telling you which screws to get.

No i havent stripped the screws. I just need to loosen it a bit then. Thanks!

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Yeah i probably over tightened it a bit then. I take it its ok to put some loctite there? Dont want those screws coming loose with vibrations.

That's not good. Head gasket is plastic, you might accidentally strip the treads.