GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

broke fitting on N75 valve please help!

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
Hello all I was replacing my timing belt today and ended up busting one of the plastic fittings going to the n75 valve... The fitting attaches to the hose that goes to the vac diaphragm. Anyone know if i can replace just the fitting? Or if i have to get a whole N75 valve? Also, anyone know where i can find a parts diagram with part numbers?

You need a new fitting. I had a customer who came in with one that he tried to fix and it caused a limp mode

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
When you say he "tried" to fix it. I assume he repaired it incorrectly? By any chance do you know how i can find a parts breakdown? I have the bentley manual but it doesnt have any parts numbers.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Why not just call dealer and get part #

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
the parts dept at the local dealer is closed here on sunday ... I was hoping to order something red from ECStuning.. I will just call the dealer tomorrow.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Unless you guys know something I don't, the only way to fix it is by replacing the N75.

I mean you could try epoxy or some type of glue but I would be afraid of accidently getting it in the opening and restricting flow

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
Yea I figured that... the fitting doesn't look removable from the valve. I'd rather replace the valve than get stuck one day when it comes apart from vibrations and puts me in limp mode. Oh well. Guess I have to drive the volvo for a couple of days :thumbdown:

I ment valve not fitting. The whole valve needs replacing.

The part number is... 06f 906 283 f
There is only one pn it etka and its for both fsi and tai.

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
All repaired and good to go now

I replaced the valve today and what a pita it is to get to. I ended up pulling off a couple of coolant hoses and unmounting the coolant reservoir and windshield washer reservoir. Pulling off the timing belt cover. From under the vehicle i unbolted the bracket holding the valve. Cut all of the hose clamps. What a pain. Glad to have my fast back after a couple of days waiting on parts.