GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

brake disc wiping: are you aware of this feature?

whiterabbit

Touring Car Champion
most salesman dont mention this to people so here it goes:

"Brake Disc Wiping" increases the efficiency of braking when it is raining heavily. Unbeknown to the driver, the brake pads are briefly brought into contact with the brake discs at set intervals, preventing a film of moisture from forming on the discs

sonomamkvdsg

7 time F1 Champ
Car(s)
2006 MKV DSG TR
I think the BMW M5/6 does this and some Mercedes.

Nikerey

Darkness
most salesman dont mention this to people so here it goes:

"Brake Disc Wiping" increases the efficiency of braking when it is raining heavily. Unbeknown to the driver, the brake pads are briefly brought into contact with the brake discs at set intervals, preventing a film of moisture from forming on the discs

How does the car know its raining heavily? wipers?

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
It's a standard feature on a lot of BMW's and other luxury brands. I wasn't aware it was a feature on the GTI though?

bcaciopp

A smile every mile.
I knew, but only because I read the manual cover to cover the day after I picked up the car. It's like any new love... you want to know as much as you can as quick as you can.

Scotaku... I can appreciate your enthusiasm for the car but love?

Last edited:

MexFast

In GTI learning curve
Car(s)
TR 2007 GTI
I've loved every car I've owned. Even the one I wound up hating. Relationships require commitment and passion. The GTI just makes it easy. :swoon:

I Agree with you, i loved all my cars and i'm prety sure i will love my GTI as much as my wife (lol!!!) in fact she's always been a little jealous of my cars because she says that if i could take it with me to the bedroom i would do it.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
:laughabove:

bcaciopp

A smile every mile.
I attempt, and fail at times but still attempt to love people and use things. I can admire the car, and enjoy it and thats about it. I guess its a safe perspective.