GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Advice

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys.
I recently purchased some Continental Extremecontact Tires and ever since I've been hearing this grinding. The guys that put on the tires said that I would need to brakes in the rear but I never heard the noise i'm hearing now before I changed my tires. I'm going to change my brakes soon but could it be anything else causing this noise?

Anyway on to the real purpose of this thread.... I want to change my brakes and here is the direction that I'm leaning....
Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads From Tirerack. $111 for the Fronts and $67 for the Rear. And for the Rotors I found some Stoptech slotted for $95 each for the Fronts and $69 each for the Rears.
What do you guys think??
If you know of any places with better prices let me know as I want to do this really soon.
Thanks

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
is the grinding only during braking? or while driving? btw can you provide a link for the stoptech rotors?

Technic

Ultimate Driver's Wanted
Hey guys.
I recently purchased some Continental Extremecontact Tires and ever since I've been hearing this grinding. The guys that put on the tires said that I would need to brakes in the rear but I never heard the noise i'm hearing now before I changed my tires. I'm going to change my brakes soon but could it be anything else causing this noise?

Anyway on to the real purpose of this thread.... I want to change my brakes and here is the direction that I'm leaning....
Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads From Tirerack. $111 for the Fronts and $67 for the Rear. And for the Rotors I found some Stoptech slotted for $95 each for the Fronts and $69 each for the Rears.
What do you guys think??
If you know of any places with better prices let me know as I want to do this really soon.
Thanks

Pads: www.raceshopper.com (Hawk, cheaper than TireRack)
Rotors: www.ECStuning.com (Zimmerman slotted, same price as above)

:thumbsup:

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Grinding is while breaking. I think I have been hearing a noise when I don't have the break applied but IDK... Too many loud cars at Waterfest to tell..