GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought used 09 gti dsg problemsssss

slownlow718

Hey guys just bought a 09 gti with dsg and tsi motor for my wife, car was running fine for 1000 miles, now I'm having the dsg hesitation at stop lights and my outside temp gauge is at 10 degrees and its 70 out smh, also if my outside gauge is messed up can that effect the ac?, cause ac stopped blowing cold also smh no extended warranty either smh and out of the 30 day 1000k miles window from the dealer smh helpppp

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I recommend using proper punctuation instead of "smh." Your post is super hard to read.

How many miles on the car? Has the DSG been serviced every 40k miles like it's supposed to be? Skipping that service can be detrimental.

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 Door 2008 GTI DSG
Hey guys just bought a 09 gti with dsg and tsi motor for my wife, car was running fine for 1000 miles, now I'm having the dsg hesitation at stop lights and my outside temp gauge is at 10 degrees and its 70 out smh, also if my outside gauge is messed up can that effect the ac?, cause ac stopped blowing cold also smh no extended warranty either smh and out of the 30 day 1000k miles window from the dealer smh helpppp

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Get your DSG fluid flushed and replace the filter. If you're still having problems after that then might be a bigger issue. My DSG hesitated a lot in 1st and reverse and cleared up after the flush. Also, WTF is smh?

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
Like others have stated need more history on the DSG from previous owner or seller. If unknown take it to get the DSG fluid changed and take your VIN# to the dealer to see if the mechatronics recall has been done, needs to be done or not applicable to your car.

Don't have any idea on the temp reading but I doubt it effects the AC output at all. Maybe try and unplug battery and see of the CPU resets and works fine if not then IDK.

k3v0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
side note: i've had every 09 GTI problem so far: ABS module failure, timing chain tensioner died and jumped timing, had to get new valves. also rear main seal went. good luck.

slownlow718

Thanks guys ac fixed itself somehow and I called vw only recall for my Vin is some battery harness recall, I have no idea what the previous owner did but im gonna do the flush soon waiting for the tools from ecs. Just ran into a problem with the gti I was driving and white smoke came out of the exhuast now I have a oil leak somewhere and car won't move when put into gear, all the gears on dash are flashing

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Jzavalagti

I have a 2007 Dsg Gti, and is not allowing my to place ir on "parking"... Do you happen to know what is causing this and the solution? I really need help!! I have to place it on "neutral" and disconnect the battery to take out the key. It is not allowing me to drive it.

Last edited: